All reviews hampton inn an industrial park starlite diner would stay here again beds were very comfortable great place to stay bagels off the highway complimentary breakfast fitness center lehigh valley indoor pool dorney park gps clerk maintenance bedding
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I thought the poor reviews I had read were just 'one-offs' but no. This place is gross. I have to agree with a previous reviewer. This should be a $49 a night hotel. Three times I went to the front desk and no one was around. The clerk was outside smoking, by the Front door!!! The carpets are disgusting. The smell... I wish I would have chosen another hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

We hope this note finds well. It was disappointing to hear that you found our products and services below standard. We have discussed your comments with the staff. We apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel with the assumption that we booked a room thru booking.com but the reservation was made for a different date. I was almost in tears because we just rode over 600 miles on our Harley’s. There were no more rooms available, but the staff from the hotel tried to get us a room in another property. They allowed us to sit in the lobby while we desperately look for a room. As luck would have it while we were at the hotel a guest that had 2 rooms wanted to relinquish one, the manager on duty promptly gave us a room.
She was so excited to help us and told us that she was so worried because we were so tired and that she didn’t want us back on the road so late.
Omg she was so kind and caring. Liz and Devon both demonstrated that you care for your guests and we are forever grateful

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. We are happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We will let both Liz and Devon know how much of an impact they made during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Dirty doesn't begin to describe how tattered and filthy this property is. Room was very dated which we expected for the low rate we obtained via a travel site. The room smelled, air conditioner barely worked. Wifi didn't work. Walked around the outside, ashcans heaping with old cigarettes. This property is very close to highway, if a light sleeper it is loud. Thankful to only have to stay one night.

1  Thank TIGRGR
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been discussed with our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Allentown to show you the quality stay you deserve. Thank you again for staying with us and for completing a review on the hotel.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

This hotel and the staff are less than marginal. The staff at the front desk upon check in was a bit too casual. The room was just ok. No regular coffees in the room just decaf, which I did not notice till morning when I wanted a cup. Had to call front desk twice to get some brought up. No water cups in the work out area. There were a few other things like this, but the worst part was the FITHLY seating at breakfast. The fabric chairs and couches were SOOOOO stained, I did not want to sit on them. Seems a fabric that could be wiped down would be more sanitary. I paid a bit over $100.00 for the night, this was more like a $49.00 hotel. It had 3 stars, but should not have, barely 2. I e mailed the manager Timothy Marhefka, as he was not there to talk with. I let him know about my experience. I never got a reply. I did get an auto response which said he was out of the office till a certain date. I waited beyond then, still no reply. Sent a second e mail to see if he got the first and planned to reply. Again, no response. So I am no leaving this experience here on Trip Advisor. I sent him a third e mail letting him know I'd be doing so and that the hotel and customer service especially on his part was poor. There are better hotels off the same exit in the same price range.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy W
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We will definitely stay here again! The guy at the front desk was super helpful and courteous when we asked for a room change (away from the elevator), and went the extra mile to move us to a room away from other guests altogether. He took into consideration that we would need room for our toddler's pack 'n' play and upgraded us to a king room. The bed was comfy: supportive but soft without being too bouncy, with lots of good pillows and nice bedding. The AC/heat was quiet BUT we could hear the highway pretty easily in our room facing that direction. Lots of channels on the TV. The shower head had several settings and the water temperature was consistent. Breakfast was decent, pool area was average (small with few chairs, slippery tile deck, but comfortable temperature). Great little lounge area near the pool with TV, video games, and oversized Jenga. The building itself is nothing fancy, but hotel management has clearly taken small details into consideration: Bath & Body Works toiletries, photography decorating the room number placards, a cool sculpture in the lobby, informative signs throughout the building to highlight local landmarks, even complementary feminine supplies in the lobby bathroom. For a hotel in this price range ($80) we didn't expect these "extras". We will definitely stay here again! (I know I said that already, but it bears repeating.)

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments. We will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area gain soon, don't hesitate to call us.