Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here last weekend and enjoyed it. The location is a bit odd, but it really isn't that far from several restaurants and decent wineries. We had two rooms, both of which were clean and comfortable. My biggest complaint is that the tv service is awful. Channels come and go with service interruptions. You can easily find yourself with some downtime in Allentown, so the tv was actually being used, but I suppose it just gave me more time sleeping in my comfy HI bed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank number2cac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Take the time to check out the great, comfortable, clean rooms they offer. I loved my stay at Hampton and I travel quite a lot, so I was very impressed with this hotel. My ex[erience was fantastic. I would recommend these hotels to anyone travelling the USA.

1 Thank Maureen S
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We always look for Hampton Inns whenever we are on the road because of their consistent quality and value. Unfortunately in this case you can't judge a hotel by its name! Although the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful upon check-in, the physical quality of the hotel was in a word- dismal. The rugs were worn, the bathroom was extremely outdated and shabby, and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was not on par with most Hampton Inns. On top of everything else...on the one morning that we were able to sleep late, the maids knocked on our door at 8:30 to ask if we were ready to have the room cleaned! When we told the front desk manager about this situation, with a nonplussed response he merely told us that he'd speak with the maids. The location of this hotel is absolutely off the beaten track, in the back of an industrial park. If you're looking for characteristics that you normally expect from a Hilton location, don't book your reservations here.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank coolseb
Timothy M, General Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Again, I apologize for all of the inconveniences and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at this property for one night, on business. Having stayed at many hotels under the Hampton banner this one fell short of my expectations. The overall cleanliness of the room was okay. Carpets had dirt around the base of the furniture and the bed linens were stained. The bathtub was in poor condition, a shoddy repair job was attempted, paint was peeling etc. Shower head was dirty and the water stream was all over the place. The shower curtain had an awful odor and there was the presence of mold/mildew in the bathroom.

Simple fixes like shower curtains and shower heads should be mandatory at a hotel under this banner, i will choose another hotel when passing through the area.

1 Thank M M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Hampton is always a good place to stay. Their beds are super comfy and I love their duvets. The staff was helpful when you spoke to them but they never greeted people when they came in with a welcome, hello, good morning, good evening, nothing. Breakfast is adequate. I'm not sure what the scrambled "eggs" are made out of or the rubber "omelets". I asked the server what the eggs were made out of and she said eggs. Hmmm...I've tasted and cooked eggs before and they didn't look or taste like that. They have coffee and hot water for tea 24/7, which is great, and cookies in the evening M-Th.

1 Thank Laurice H
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton, and the room and furniture were nice. However, the bathtub was disgustingly dirty! We could hardly believe it was a Hampton!

There was so much black mold in between tiles in the tub, not to mention the fact that no one had used Liquid Plummer on the drain in years. We were above our ankles in standing water while showering, which was beyond gross! Those are other peoples' germs sitting on your skin and coming up from the drains! The housekeeping staff on the 4th floor ought to be given a serious talk by management. There is no way they could "clean" the bathtub and not notice the lack of draining. In fact, after the showers, we did an experiment and ran a little water into the tub--a small amount took over 10 minutes to drain! There is no excuse at all for this, and there is also no excuse for black mold on the tiles. There are endless cleaning products these days, not to mention plain bleach, that remove this mold. This was over $120 a night hotel room, and the bathtub was like a $29 motel in a crappy part of town--no excuse for lack of cleanliness.

The hotel room seemed nice, and the front desk people were friendly. But, because of that awful bathtub, we cannot recommend this hotel, until the manager gets housekeeping to clean it up properly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Timothy M, General Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping and maintenance teams to correct the problem. I understand the presence of mold and slow draining tub were of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority and we know our guests deserve better than this. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us and experience an improved quality of accommodations the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Timothy A. Marhefka
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn Allentown PA. There was nothing wrong with the hotel except the location-next to a busy highway. I could hear the traffic noise way into the night. Don't stay at this hotel if traffic noise bothers you. Stay elsewhere for a good night sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Timothy M, General Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Allentown. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered from nearby traffic as our guests’ comfort and satisfaction is my number one concern. We know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and apologize this was not your experience. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again so we might show you the quiet quality stay you expect and deserve.

Timothy A. Marhefka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
#8 of 30 in Allentown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville

Been to Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels? Share your experiences!