Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
$113
$84
$119
$110
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport(Allentown)(Great Value!)
$69
$110
$102
$235
$199
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewshampton innan industrial parkstarlite dinerbreakfast staffroom was cleanunder constructionwould stay here againbagelsgreat place to stayfitness centerbusiness tripfresh fruitcomplimentary breakfastnice staydorney parkterihighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton, and the room and furniture were nice. However, the bathtub was disgustingly dirty! We could hardly believe it was a Hampton!

There was so much black mold in between tiles in the tub, not to mention the fact that no one had used Liquid Plummer on the drain in years. We were above our ankles in standing water while showering, which was beyond gross! Those are other peoples' germs sitting on your skin and coming up from the drains! The housekeeping staff on the 4th floor ought to be given a serious talk by management. There is no way they could "clean" the bathtub and not notice the lack of draining. In fact, after the showers, we did an experiment and ran a little water into the tub--a small amount took over 10 minutes to drain! There is no excuse at all for this, and there is also no excuse for black mold on the tiles. There are endless cleaning products these days, not to mention plain bleach, that remove this mold. This was over $120 a night hotel room, and the bathtub was like a $29 motel in a crappy part of town--no excuse for lack of cleanliness.

The hotel room seemed nice, and the front desk people were friendly. But, because of that awful bathtub, we cannot recommend this hotel, until the manager gets housekeeping to clean it up properly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Timothy M, General Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your candid feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping and maintenance teams to correct the problem. I understand the presence of mold and slow draining tub were of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority and we know our guests deserve better than this. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us and experience an improved quality of accommodations the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Timothy A. Marhefka

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn Allentown PA. There was nothing wrong with the hotel except the location-next to a busy highway. I could hear the traffic noise way into the night. Don't stay at this hotel if traffic noise bothers you. Stay elsewhere for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Timothy M, General Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Allentown. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered from nearby traffic as our guests’ comfort and satisfaction is my number one concern. We know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and apologize this was not your experience. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again so we might show you the quiet quality stay you expect and deserve.

Timothy A. Marhefka

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a night on September 29, 2012. For a king-bed room, and with a AAA discount, we paid $104 (including tax). Parking is free. We had alsostayed in this hotel in 2008. It is a well-kept property and the parking lot is well-lit. I felt no concerns about security of my vehicle.As in 2008, the night desk manager commented that I look like Paul McCartney. What to get out of that is that this Hampton Inn is consistent – in quality, in service, and in Beatles look-alike recognition. As we expected, everything was right with the room and the breakfast offering. As with other Hampton Inns, you are in for a good stay. And you never know, you might be noticed as celebrity look-alike yourself.

TIP: The Starlite Diner is a good place to grab a meal.

Maybe I’m amazed at the Hampton Inn all the time
Maybe I’m amazed when I’m in Allentown with you
Maybe I’m amazed they say I look like Paul McCartney all the time
You hung out a scoffing sigh
Maybe I’m amazed why you don’t believe it, too

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlphaRam
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stopped at this hotel overnight. The room was clean and quiet. It is convenient to the highway for a quick off/on. Check-in was quick and the desk clerk was very pleasant. I stayed at this property several times when I visited the NJ area to attend meetings in the mid 90's. Its still a good place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redfish43
Reviewed September 28, 2012

it's a hampton inn, generally speaking you cannot go too wrong with the brand. you are pretty much assured a simple yet satisfying breakfast. Although i have to admit some of the eggy things ca be a little unusual.

This particular hampton was a little disappointing in that the rooms did not have refrigerators in the rooms. Trying to find the hotel is a little bit of a challenge, while right next to the highway it is a bit of a way back off the main road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business