“Friendly service and comfortable bed!”

Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Brooklyn, NY.
“Friendly service and comfortable bed!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Great pitstop for a one or two-night stay. Had breakfast ready to go by 5:30AM for early risers. Beds/pillows were excellent.

The staff are friendly too!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank dmtorrance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Nazareth
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We planned a last minute "roadtrip" for my husband's birthday, and we had such a wonderful time. All of the staff was kind and very easy to work with. The room was spacious and very comfortable! It was clean and everything was well kept. The hot breakfast was good with ample food choices!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrsMiller777
New Hampshire
Reviewed November 3, 2010

As others have mentioned this is an older Hampton Inn in need of a facelift. Rooms I thought were a little smaller then some of the newer Inns.

The TV is an old analog type, and the picture was snowy. I know there is probably a whole generation of people who have never seen a 'snowy' picture on a tv screen...but come here and you'll see it. It was annoying to watch tv as a result.

I generally like Hampton Inn's but find the comforters on the beds too heavy to be comfortable. Forgot to look for a blanket to replace it (there was one in the closet) so I really didn't sleep well.

I didn't see the breakfast area, but my husband said it was ok.

So all and all, not bad for one night's stay, I would not spend over $85 to stay here however.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank luv-to-travel-NH
eh
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Traveled with child for softball showcase. Very friendly, extremely comfortable, very good food, conveneint to place of showcase. Very clean, would recommend to others. Will be traveling again this winter and would consider staying at hampton inn allentown pa again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank gabdonEh
Watkins Glen, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My girlfirends and I stayed here for one night while going to the production of RENT at the Allentown Civic Theatre. The drive to the theatre was quick and easy. Check in at the hotel was simple and our room was completely sufficient, though freezing when we walked in the room. The beds were doubles and nice and comfy. Our breakfast in the morning was good. We had a lot of options: waffles, yogurt, sausage patties, home fries, omlets, along with other cereals and such. The coffee was good, and I enjoyed reading my USA today with breakfast. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jannica
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I felt compelled to write this review, because the two staff members that handled me made my entire experience better! (For the record, I NEVER post reviews - complaints or otherwise!)

While traveling with my 12-month old, husband, and mother, our car broke down at 10pm on a Saturday night. Not planning on staying the night anywhere but home, we didn't exactly come prepared - or have reservations! The woman that checked us in, gave us the lowest available rate (as opposed to ripping us off with the rack rate). The gentleman on night duty did everything he could (short of having the rental car DELIVERED to the hotel!) to make sure we got on our way in an airport rental first thing in the morning. So bless them both for being so helpful to a frantic-sleepy-family!

The room was fine. This isn't a 5-star hotel so don't expect a marble bathroom and 25-yr-old scotch in your room. For about $100/night, it was a room for the night with plenty of self-parking, a comfortable bed with decent linen, and a FANTASTIC free breakfast. (Seriously - the breakfast was great. I've paid over $30pp for buffets that didn't offer the selection of this: waffles, hb eggs, yogurt ... there was even something to feed my 12-mo-old.)

Some of the other reviews are probably correct. MAYBE some of the rooms are musty - all I did was SLEEP, so I can't say I noticed. We didn't even open our laptop, so I'm not sure about the wi-fi either ... but staff went OUT OF THEIR WAY to help us, and I was impressed by breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NDT-EMT
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed here for one night while on a roadtrip. The hotel was convenient to the highway, and there were multiple restaurants in the immediate area. a drug store and banks were across the highway - so pretty much everything you might need on a trip. It was clean. We were given a room on the first floor, a few doors down from the common areas. There was a group of teenaged girls there for a softball tournament, and although we saw plenty of them, we didn't hear a peep in our room, due to its seclusion. The receptionist was very friendly, as well. Very satisfied with this stay. My only complaint is that there are some factories in the near vicinity, and one of them was emitting a strange odor while we were there - my husband thought it smelled like graham crackers, but I thought it was more foul. We asked a few locals about it, and apparently they don't smell it at all, so maybe my nose is a little hyper-sensitive. I do want to stress that I only smelled the odor outside, it wasn't as if it was permeating the hotel or anything like that. The hotel itself is a little older, but has been somewhat updated and was clean.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple