Rodeway Inn Allentown
GardenInn.com
$67
ComfortSuites
$63
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport(Allentown)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Restaurant
$118
$109
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Should have paid attention to the reviews here. We reached there midnight and just needed a room to spend the night. We could not wait for morning. The building is dirty(putting it mildly). The room had a bad smell to it. The carpets felt sticky. The windows were open but still it did not feel fresh in there. The bathroom had dirt in the corners and it smelled. One of the beds did not have a comforter, only a white sheet. When i went to ask for one, the front desk did not have any to give to me. He gave me a bed spread instead. Not worth the $80 we paid. The owner is friendly and so was the reception guy but everything else is downhill once you leave their front office. If you can, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank brookeusa2002
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this property a year ago and didn't realize it was the same motel when I made the reservation. The building is disgusting, the smell is overwhelming (although they try to cover it), one wall in my room had about a square foot patch with different color paint covering it, exposed hanging materials where a photo once hung, the inside rim of the toilet was black. I did not take the cover off the bed and slept on top of it so I don't know what the sheets looked like. The towels smelled like the building. I believe some of the guests may live at the motel, last year I woke up in the middle of the night when they returned and the party continued for hours. This year I woke up, but the loud noise/voices/cranked car stereo only lasted about 15 minutes. I did not feel safe, if I didn't push the door hard enough it didn't click to lock and the door could have been opened without the key. I recall having the same problem last year and I was in a different room. The clerk tried to sell me a room with a Jacuzzi, I can't even imagine what that would have looked like. Honestly, I cannot believe this motel carries the name of a major chain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Sheri H
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Dirty rooms, the outlet looks so burned a fire could start at any moment. RUDE emplyee bangs on the door askign us to leave when we had ONE MORE NIGHT stay, never apologized, just stormed off like a total idiot, Loud, trashy people partying all night long, the owners must take money from whomever and not care what goes on there, Disgusting. never. ever, ever, again.

Room Tip: stay somehwhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Melody B
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We used a travel coupon, but should have checked this place out on the Internet,. The majority of the other reviews are correct. Though the bathroom was clean, it looked like the paint on the bathroom door around the knob hadn't been cleaned in months (years?). The room smelled ok, the AC was fine, but no hot water at night for a shower. It was barely lukewarm. Though the room was otherwise clean, the stairs to the 2nd floor looked like they hadn't been vacuumed. Had to pull the door tightly to get it to lock. Breakfast was a travesty. The "orange juice" looked like orange kool aid. I don't know what the liquid red stuff was. I didn't eat anything there. When you check in you are given the TV remote (apparently people have walked off with them). That was a first for me and didn't give me confidence. The room was missing a wash cloth and hand towel. When I mentioned this to the person at the desk at check out, he didn't seem to care. We had a second floor room. One area on the first floor seemed to have unsavory characters hanging about. After we checked in, my wife read the fine print on the room rental agreement. Turns out you get charged $1.50 per night for the safe even if you don't use it. Had to get that refunded on my credit card on check out. I checked the mattress for bed bugs and didn't see any signs, but another post mentioned them, so this has me a bit nervous.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, ask to see the room first. A good way to check cleanliness *(if everything else looks clean) is to look at the woodwork around door knobs where there might a gray to black smudge from dirty hands, indicating that cleaning isn't thorough.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J M
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I blame myself for this bad experience as I failed to read Trip Advisor before booking. This place is horrid. The first indication we were in for a bad night was when immediately upon arriving, we dumped our bags, and left for a meal. We did 'close' the door behind us. Upon returning, the door was wide open. After our initial panic, we found that all of our valuables were still there...including passports and laptop. Inspecting the door we saw that it did not close properly at all. It looked closed, but unless it was slammed shut, the catch did not catch. There was no card reader in these old doors, which were in disrepair. Next problem...the TV. It decided to randomly go off...the screen just turned blue. We gave up on the TV. Next problem...there was no way of 'stopping' the pathetically small tub. My wife was not happy. Next problem...the paper thin walls. Two women decided to have a fight in the middle of the night...you heard every single word they were saying. Next problem...the A/C did nothing at all. Totally broken. You could turn it on...nothing happened. The breakfast? Forget it. You do not want to go into this dirty little hole to get their 'free' coffee. Leave fast...very fast. So, I complained to the 'front desk' when checking out. How was this handled? No apology. No credit. Only I was told I should have come and told the clerk of my problems, and they would all be fixed! Right...in the middle of the night I would get a new TV, a new A/C, a new tub, and a new door!! So, excuse me...it was all my fault. Oh, did I mention that the train comes right through your room a number of times during the night?? Well, it does! This was two horrible Econolodge experiences in a row, and I had one more Econolodge to go before arriving home. Thankfully, the next place was how a motel should be, and I now will proceed to give that motel a very good review!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...please!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family