See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Checkout is 10am. We arrived at 3:52 to check IN. We were told that check in is at 4 and that the room wouldn't be ready until then (in 8 minutes). Went to the bathroom, came out and there was a line. We waited in the line. I finally checked in at 4:41, 49 minutes after we arrived 8 minutes too early to check in. Back in the room, I just closed the bathroom door and there is a dirty pair of women's underwear behind the door. This is not ok. Some people might be in to that. I'm not...

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Linda O, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear Greg,
I apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay at the EconoLodge in Allentown. I will work with my staff to improve our guest services. Thank you for letting me know.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

we had a refurbischt room was good new beds and fridge and television badroom is stil smal and looks poor but you can do it.breakfast in the lobby girls behind the front desk where helpfull.the only thing they need to do in the near future ASAP is the WI FI it was the worst wi fi i had in the states this holiday.i did walk a lot to the lobby and bar to try to go on the wi fi.so for the Manager fix the wi fi soon.further i had a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the EconoLodge in Allentown. We appreciate your business and hope you will return. I will report the issues with the WiFi to my general manager. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

I had stood in one of the 400s room. I asked the lady for clean towels gave her my dirty ones all she gave me was 2 towels mind u its 4 of us in a room. I asked her for soap and again only gave me 1 bar for 4 people she had a very stinky attitude, her face expression was the worst like she doesn't like her job. went out to get a bite asked her to clean my room, I come back the room is still the same and smelling like cigarettes, I don't smoke or my children that's why I got a nonsmoking room. I'm never going back to that place again.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Linda O, General Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Veronika,
I do apologize for the problems incurred during your stay at the EconoLodge in Allentown. I will work with my Housekeeping Supervisor and our housekeeping staff to assure this type of attitude will not occur again. I am sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for letting me know.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

It started out great, I called ahead, and clerk told me that she had rooms to put me in so I came on over (around 1pm), she gave me room 521, which was terrible to say the least, shady people staying on either side of the room, with their doors open and standing around, I felt very uncomfortable as soon as I pulled up, and noticed prior to putting my key in the curtains were all yellow stained like from long term nicotine damage, as soon as I opened the door this terrible musty smell hit me in the face, I didn't even really go much past the door. Went back to the front desk and was told "there's no rooms available", I called her out based on the phone conversation we had had not too long ago. Was told I could either cancel and go someplace else, or come back at 4pm "when check in starts". The manager was present and didn't seem to care too much either, complete lack of customer service and not willing to budge. Other than they could send housekeeping to spray the room down, I kept reminding her that it's not just the odor from the room but the location.
Instead of keep beating a dead horse, I just left and came back a little after 330, and the new clerk on duty was very very pleasant and went out of her way to accommodate me. The new room a close walk to the front desk, was ok, nothing special, the curtain would not close fully, so there was a big crack in the middle so if you stay here, don't walk around naked because anybody walking past will see right into the room. Bathroom was falling apart, faucet resembled something you'd see at the ocean, a big thick hazy mess, walls with cracks. Place definitely needs a facelift.
Breakfast was ok, waffles, muffins, toast, coffee, juice (apple only), not too bad.
The only positive about this place was the evening shift front desk clerk, wish I could remember her name, Beautiful spacious grounds too, nice looking pool, but I didn't go and explore up close and personal. Directly off Rte 22.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Linda O, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Tammy,
Thank you for staying at the EconoLodge in Allentown. We apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay. We will work with our staff to provide a better service for our guests.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

I chose this hotel because it was very reasonably priced and was dog friendly. Now I know why it was price so well. I stayed in my room 10 minutes total. As I pulled up and got out of the car, I saw a man standing outside of his hotel room. There was a very strong pot smoke smell coming from his room drifting all the way over to my car. The person to the right of my room was having a very obnoxiously loud conversation as well.

I called the hotel front desk and told them and they said they would send somebody over to check out the room that had pot drifting from it. I asked for another room and they said that they were completely booked. I was there another 5 minutes and started to hear very loud shouting between a man and woman from a room to my left and another person shouting to the right. I packed up my stuff, my dog and left.

I went to the front desk and said I'm not feeling safe here. There was nothing they could do because I booked through another service and can only refund me the hold amount and the pet fee. If you have an ounce of class and don't consider yourself trash, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Linda O, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2017

Dear Guest,
I apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay at the EconoLodge in Allentown. We try to provide our guests with a pleasant experience and unfortunately did not attain our goal. Thank you for letting us know.
Management at EconoLodgeAllentown