$97
ComfortInn
$100
$90
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2013

First off, let me say it had a well maintained campus. Grass was cut, pretty fountain.
We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon and it was called the econolodge, not the rodeway inn so we initially thought we were not at the right place, then we drove around the place several times wondering how to get inside the building and where the office was. After trying several doors, we met Mr Bizati, who checked me in and sent me to room 217. Previous reviews are right on the money with this place and I wish I had read them before booking. It is a dump.
The room, upon opening the door smelled. I was overwhelmed with the mold, mildew scent. I booked a smoking room and was prepared for a smoke environment, but this was mold. Dank and dirty. Cigarette burns in the carpet. Broken furniture, stained mattresses. Windows, mirrors were covered in a film. The AC was a 3 prong plug plugged into a 2 prong outlet. Got a bad feeling right away and was on the phone to choice hotels 1-800# to complain to Leah, the rep for choice. A black shade of something on the ceiling. Cigarette burn on the linens, a stain of some sort on the pillow. A ring around the tub. Opened the fridge and more mold scent. This place is only fit for addicts and down on your luck kinds of people. I removed the items I had taken in, repacked and went straight back to the hotel front desk and asked for my money back and stated we were leaving. Mr Bizati did accommodate my desire to leave without an argument and canceled my reservation. Worst hotel I have ever encountered. I have never left a hotel before or backed out of a reservation either. Should be shut down. It's a shame, because with a complete overhaul, this place would actually be nice.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is worse than can be described by words alone. Like the last reviewer, we had to stay here. You would have a better experience sleeping on your head in the dumpster. Poor service, rips, mold , mold mildew , cracked tubs, phone does not work, no security , the dumpy room wasn't even ready on time. Best I can say is that we left without getting hurt.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Travelertoplaces
Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you are reading this review, I would encourage you to read all the rest of the bad reviews as well before you consider booking this motel because a lot of what people said I encountered. It is not the "scariest" motel I have ever stayed at, but I assure you it was dirty and in disrepair. They seem to be in the process of what looks like the beginnings of a name-change to Econo-Lodge and have made some updates in common areas(but very few). When writing this review I kept in mind that it is a budget motel, but (at a very minimum) guests are entitled to a clean room. The only reason we HAD to stay there was because my kids were attending a non-refundable wrestling camp in the convention center,(otherwise I would NEVER have stayed there) and this was the accomodations offered by that organization. The room we had been assigned; 419 was not properly cleaned. The carpet was not vacuumed & the toilet had urine on the rim. Besides that, the condition of the room was just "yucky". First thing I did was rip off the bed covers...no bed bugs - so that was a relief. The drawers were dirty, so we never unpacked. I just advised my kids to wear thier shoes at all times so as not to walk on the filthy carpet. I was also concerned with what another reviewer had mentioned that they thought there were possible long term renters there...true! They stated' "looks like section 8 kinda people", and I agree. The motel is quite large with around 268 rooms, and all rooms are exterior. It's also a little out of the way & hard to get to. It is on its own dead end road and I felt it's just a wierd sorta place - I would never stay there if it hadn't been for this camp...especially not at the rates they charge. Look at my pics(there are 19) to see some of what I am talking about. Maybe some people don't mind ripped wallpaper, stained ceilings, and dusty crusty ducts? lol...my advice is to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lodee73
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This facility was recommended to us by the hospital that my daughter is going to, mainlt because its 15 minutes from the hospital. Aside from the "hospital rate" offered I have nothing nice to say. Well thats not true. James was very nice on the phone. I did ask him if the photos on the web were current. I shoyld have kmown there was a problem when he told me that some od the rooms were being updated. As if its not bad enough that this was a medic. Necessity trip we drove into what my husband said reminded him of the Bates Motel or Serial killer movie hotel. Against my instincts we registered bc we had already been on the road for 6 hours! We checked in at 6:30 pm. As we tried to figure out the maze to our room we saw what looked like crack shacks in the rooms. Rooms that had broken beds and matteses outside the rooms, trah bins over flowing etc etc. The employee delivering our roll away bed looked shady. When we finally went into our room the lights werent working. The employee checked to see why and just shrugged his shoulders and left. The room smelled of smoke, mold and mildew. The room was suposed to be smoke free. As my husband was coming in with our kids he looked at the door, which showed signs of being broken into multiple times. My 9 year old son came in to use the bathroom and came running out of the bathroom. There were literally ROACHES and something black (looked to be ashes) in the bathtub. I have mold allergies and definately not going to have my childreb sleep in a room with bugs and rum the risk of bringing them home with me. We quickly left the room. Tried to regroup to find another hotel. In 20 minites time, we left went to the front desk and demanded a full refund, which we did recieve. The girl at the front desk, with a straight face actually asked me what the problem was and didnt show an ounce of surprise or offer an appolgy oranther room. I do feel bad. I was less than pleasant when I went back to the front desk. I could tell she was embarrassed. Her face was bright red. The GM actually told her to put the room back up as available! Again adding insult to injury. All of the hotels in the area were booked bc of big festivals! We ended up sleeping in our car for the night with 2 kids and our special needs dog. As uncomfortable as that was it was much better than the alternative. The lesson here...if your first impression is a vision from a horror movie RUN AND RUN QUICKLY!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank tcs959798
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and the rug was filthy, one of the chairs had spots on it but worse yet, the desk in the room had a swarm of carpenter ants in it. We called room service who refused to do anything about it because he was the only one on duty and I had to literally take the desk out of the room just so we could sleep in peace. The bed we slept in had cigarette burns on the sheets. The rug where the desk was located had cobwebs and other dead bugs on it. It was clear this room hadnt been cleaned in months. The manager refused to see us, did not make us a priority, not only did he give us the run around he gave Choice Hotels the run around as well. All those fears that we have of staying at a hotel in a third world country came true, right here in the United States at the Rodeway Inn of Allentown, PA. DONT EVER STAY THERE!!! IT IS A DUMP!!!

Room Tip: Si van a Dorney Park en Allentown no se queden en Rodeway Inn!! If you are on your way to Dorney Park in Allentown, do not stay at the Rodeway Inn!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple