“Simple, clean, a little pricey.”

EconoLodge & Conference Center
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
morganville NJ
“Simple, clean, a little pricey.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Very much like the Rodeway in Montgomeryville, has conference facilities (this one used to be a Days Inn Conference Center) but rooms a little outdated but very clean. No mini-fridge or TV and a little pricey, maybe for now being part of the Choice system. Wall defect (see pic) but no reason to say its a terrible place just because of that. A little odd to get to, go up 309 then come back down local roads. Clean sink, shower, bed but noisy fan in bathroom and fluorescent light over sink hummed when operating. Adequate / simple continental breakfast. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank dogtired2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night as I had to sit for an exam the next day.
The room was clean and they have a coffee machine and tv in the room (not that I used the latter). Breakfast the next day was below average the only thing I cared for was the orange juice.
For me the location was great it was right next to the testing center. And overall the value was great.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank rashmataz
Ossining, New York, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Convenient and good value. Breakfast was not stocked well—out of juice, cereal. Room was a little grubby but outdoor pool was large and clean. Very quiet at night. Nice location and it was only ten minutes away from Dorney Park. Internet only worked for five minutes at a time.

2 Thank Janice N
Odessa, Delaware
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Needed to stop for the night and unfortunately we were told about this dump. We checked in and went to our room to get some rest. After getting all our bags in side we found the shower had recently been used and the person left wet, dirty footprint in it, and wet used towels were left on the bathroom floor. I called the front desk to say it appears this room is being used by someone else, only to be told no it was probably a member of the staff cleaning up before leaving work. Because we had already unpacked our car and were exhausted I decided we would not use the shower or towels, as I always carry my own towels and toiletries. We washed up in the sink and went to sleep. At approx 12:30a - 1a we were awaken by someone trying to get in our room thank God I had pushed the table in front of the door and placed the suit cases on it. I called the front desk and spoke with Justin who said there was nothing he could do I needed to call the police if I thought someone was trying to access the room. The next day I asked to speak with the manager only to be told the manager only works 9a to 5p M-F despite the sigh that said “Manager On Duty”. I called and left several messages for the Manager and received no reply. Don’t risk your life or health staying at this dump.

Room Tip: Don’t risk your life or health staying at this dump. Stay any were else
6 Thank Adalynn D
Gardner
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Management refuse to move us to a different room and refuse refund. I will never stay here again. We were afraid to leave our room, they seem to rent out half the hotel to low income (sec 8 housing) DIRTY!! did not feel safe!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chad_m_m
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This motel is run down old and dirty as seems to be the theme with rodeway hotels. There were buckets all over the lobby and hall ways catching the rain water leaking through the roof. The restaurant was closed due to the leaking roof. The room had the normal stains and heavy wear and tear that go along with a motel of this price and vintage. The gross thing was the stain on the chair in the room. The location of the stain means it came from one of the orifaces on a persons rear end (see picture). The sink was clogged too so I ended up washing my hands and brushing my teeth in the bath tub.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was after 8:00 in the evening and all the hotels that allow pets were booked up. When my husband went to check out the room, I told him to keep his eyes on the floor when he flipped on the light...easier to see if there are scattering cockroaches! We checked the beds for bedbugs and filth, but thankfully, the mattresses & pillows looked ok. The rest of the room was disgusting. When we turned on the A/C it started dripping water, so we placed the ice bucket under the leak...the bucket was almost full by morning. The faucets on the tub and sink were beat up, stained, and totally disgusting...needless to say, we did not take showers there. (watch for the pictures I am going to post) Really loved the added touch of a very long, black hair that was stuck to the molding around the bathroom door!
We have a 5 pound, non-shedding, clean toy poodle...and this place has the nerve to charge a pet fee!!! I think our dog was actually wondering why we would bring him to a place like this.
Needless to say, we had a fairly sleepless night and got out very fast in the morning. As I expected, the person at the front desk never asked my husband about our stay.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car!
3 Thank SedonaLeslie