“BEST HOTEL STAY IN PA!!!!!”

Comfort Suites Allentown
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed July 29, 2014

sorry this is long but i love leaving a positive review for a hotel that deserves it!!!
I was skeptical about staying in a hotel so close to Allentown for my family's summer vacation but this hotel quickly changed my mind.
Starting at check in we were greeted with a very helpful front desk employee (Amanda), she got us checked in and we even got our Dorney Park Passes right there at the front desk, and the discount was better then I expected. When we got to the room it was very clean and neat, however the tub was small, and the only view was of the park (the kids loved it, i could have lived without it).
we had dinner at the restaurant down stairs, again very clean and great customer service the wings were the family favorite and (Angie) our waitress was fast and polite.
breakfast was ok, the food was good but the room was a little small and busy took about 30 min to get our food the lady there (kathy?!) was so sweet and very helpful, she informed us that we could take a shuttle bus from the hotel to the park which was very convenient as you had to have a parking permit for the hotel over the weekend and the lot was small I didn't want to loose our spot.
OVER ALL GREAT PLACE TO STAY AND I WILL RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah H

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed the weekend during our family vacation. The hotel rooms were great. The jacuzzi is a little small. Amanda and Kelly were very informative and helpful. The shuttle service was a great idea as well as the discount tickets. Not every hotel offers that. The breakfast lady Cathy was so sweet and the coffee was always fresh. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed July 24, 2014

rooms are HUGE - two beds plus a living room area with a partial wall divider. Quiet, facing the side with just trees so lots of privacy. Parking is full later at night - I had to park quite a distance from the front door at 10pm. Room was great, only comment that the tub is outdated and needs to be replaced. Really liked the bigger fridge and space.

Room Tip: room facing the back or side is best for quiet and privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Susan N
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stay here for 2 nights every summer while visiting Dorney Park. It's clean, right across the street from park, shuttle to park, great customer service, reasonably priced, and free breakfast. Love it! Cant wait to go back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank VendellaF
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm so sad to write that after staying for 4 days my family is leaving this beautiful and extremely friendly clean and convenient place to stay when visiting Dorney park. Beds are very comfy,rooms are very clean and cleaned daily and well stocked nothing is go much trouble just ask. We needed extra pillows and we got plenty and speaking of they are sooooo comfy I'm very picky and always need extra pillows loved them. Ac worked great kept my family of 7 very comfy. We where two adults with 4 children and a 3 yr old toddler all were very comfy in a queen double room with queen sofa bed. Breakfast was amazing actually surprisingly good having so many picky children there was plenty for all to choose from English muffins waffles bagels eggs hard boiled or scrambled toast cheese sausage dounuts various juices coffee etc full breakfast and delicious. Staff were all very courteous and so helpful the breakfast lady was tooooooo adorable I could take her home she was so friendly and helpful and engaging with my family loved her wish I got her name but she was the eldest staff we encountered thank you so much for being so sweet and helpful . Continent to many resturants and huge super market which had all you could need for short or long stay. Room had decent size fridge/ freezer and microwave and coffee maker. Our view was to a wooded area which we enjoyed seeing a bunny hopping along since we left ours back home was nice to see one running out in nature free. Overall highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back again . Thank you all for your hard work. The Fernandez family <3

Room Tip: Any room is good larger family's choose queen double with sofa bed which kids loved.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff is helpful and very friendly. The rooms are clean and nicely upgraded recently. Close to Poconos and across from Dorney Park. We stay here every time we have to work events at the Pocono.

• Stayed: July 2014
Nicholas_FV, General Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Natasha,

I am truly thankful for your great comments about my associates. They are always excited to know their effort are recognized by our guest.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Every staff member we dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. I would like to say that Gladys who we saw each morning at breakfast is a huge credit to the hotel. She worked very hard to keep things stocked, she was pleasant and positive with every request that guests had for her and that's not always easy!
Showerheads are mounted way too low and was at my chin - I'm 5'10". Mattresses were too hard for most of our group which takes the "comfort" out of comfort suites.
The whole place was very clean!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family