“Excellent stay.”

Comfort Suites Allentown
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm so sad to write that after staying for 4 days my family is leaving this beautiful and extremely friendly clean and convenient place to stay when visiting Dorney park. Beds are very comfy,rooms are very clean and cleaned daily and well stocked nothing is go much trouble just ask. We needed extra pillows and we got plenty and speaking of they are sooooo comfy I'm very picky and always need extra pillows loved them. Ac worked great kept my family of 7 very comfy. We where two adults with 4 children and a 3 yr old toddler all were very comfy in a queen double room with queen sofa bed. Breakfast was amazing actually surprisingly good having so many picky children there was plenty for all to choose from English muffins waffles bagels eggs hard boiled or scrambled toast cheese sausage dounuts various juices coffee etc full breakfast and delicious. Staff were all very courteous and so helpful the breakfast lady was tooooooo adorable I could take her home she was so friendly and helpful and engaging with my family loved her wish I got her name but she was the eldest staff we encountered thank you so much for being so sweet and helpful . Continent to many resturants and huge super market which had all you could need for short or long stay. Room had decent size fridge/ freezer and microwave and coffee maker. Our view was to a wooded area which we enjoyed seeing a bunny hopping along since we left ours back home was nice to see one running out in nature free. Overall highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back again . Thank you all for your hard work. The Fernandez family <3

Room Tip: Any room is good larger family's choose queen double with sofa bed which kids loved.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Allentown

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff is helpful and very friendly. The rooms are clean and nicely upgraded recently. Close to Poconos and across from Dorney Park. We stay here every time we have to work events at the Pocono.

• Stayed: July 2014
Nicholas_FV, General Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Natasha,

I am truly thankful for your great comments about my associates. They are always excited to know their effort are recognized by our guest.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Every staff member we dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. I would like to say that Gladys who we saw each morning at breakfast is a huge credit to the hotel. She worked very hard to keep things stocked, she was pleasant and positive with every request that guests had for her and that's not always easy!
Showerheads are mounted way too low and was at my chin - I'm 5'10". Mattresses were too hard for most of our group which takes the "comfort" out of comfort suites.
The whole place was very clean!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Tim P,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This motel is a good stop for the night. It is located across from a water park but not in operation when we stayed. Could be noisy when in season. The hotel is very clean and the staff very good and friendly. The breakfast was very good and lots of it there. There are several restaurants close to the hotel for dinner and one attached to it. We will come back to this hotel when travelling in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BigJim171

BigJim171,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words about my associates; they are rightfully exited when they hear their efforts, and hard work has been recognized.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I picked this motel because it was close to a wedding we were going to attend. When we checked in the staff was great and told us about the great breakfast they had every morning. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast etc. Well what they did not say is the room that seats 36 people would be full and the food would be all gone. That know one would be cleaning the tables or restocking the food items. I had to settle for a coffee and cereal, but there was no milk. This put a damper on a really nice motel that was spotless otherwise, and had great rooms and beds. I would rather them say they had no food at all, go down the street to the Perkins. This may sound like nit picking but when we stay at a motel that has prices $130 per night we take the breakfast into account. When you figure about 30 rooms per floor and 4 floors, it is not hard to understand why the breakfast system does not work.

Room Tip: Eat down the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. You are right; we have been busy and that has put some strain on our breakfast, particularly when nearly 70% of the guests or close to 250 guest try to have their breakfast at the same time. We have to come up with a way to be sure our guests have their breakfast when they want it. We are currently testing different methods. Hopefully, we can find a pragmatic solution soon.

Thank you again for your feedback. It helps us to improve our services. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when you come back, I will be sure all goes well this time.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was the second time staying at the Comfort Suites. Each time I am more and more impressed with the service from management. From the front desk to the seminar rooms, they always go over and above my expectations. At my previous stay the General Manager did set-up tables with a simple request -- btw it was for two rooms on his own. On this occasion -- June 12, Sarah Keppel, the Sales Manager actually set up TWO ROOMS so that I could determine which se-tup to choose from!! I can't wait to stay another time. Way To Go!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Nicholas_FV, Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about our staff at the Comfort Suites Allentown / Dorney Park. I really appreciate that you would point out all the key benefits of staying at this hotel; our staff. Sarah Keppel was delighted to know that her hard work and care is recognized by you. She wanted me to thank you for that.

Glad you enjoyed the comfortable and superior service we try to deliver every day. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here over this past weekend because we were visiting Dorney Park for the first time. The location is really close to Dorney Park so that made it very convenient. As far as the hotel itself, it was fine. The room was clean and maid service did well during our stay (leaving additional towels and shampoos as requested).
The breakfast was basic as far as included breakfasts go. Tried the eggs one morning and they didn't appeal to me. It was a mad house Sunday and Monday. Also, in my opinion, too many people came down in their pajamas.
I did appreciate that there is coffee/tea available throughout the day.
I really don't know if I would stay here again because my family would like to have an indoor pool at a place like this.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank PoorTripPlanner
Nicholas_FV, Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and proximity to Dorney Park. I am concerned however that you didn’t have a better view of our hotel, we will work hard on that to be sure that improve our hotel.

Please come back and see us again soon!