“An Oasis in the Desert”

Starlite Diner & Lounge
Ranked #7 of 482 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Whether dining alone or with family and friends, you will always have the best seat in the house. Comfortable chairs and large tables give you plenty of room to relax and enjoy your food. Starlite Diner makes a great location for a business lunch or meeting or just enjoy a coffee and dessert while you browse the internet. Personal touches include two 400-gallon saltwater fish tanks for visual entertainment. Book your next party or corporate event and enjoy the privacy of your own room. Our banquet room comfortably holds up to 55 people. The room has its own private entrance, bathroom and personal servers to accommodate your group efficiently. Please discuss any catering needs you have with the banquet manager. We only require a few days’ notice to make your next event a huge success.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Starlite reminds of me of the Golden Coral, Sweet Tomatoes, BUT a notch above. We were surprised with the at table service and the senior menu. Yet, we could go to the salad table, bread, and soup table. AND THE MEAL WAS FABULOUS! We absolutely will return.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I wait all year for my once a year trip thru Allentown, PA. Every time I make sure to enjoy a meal here.
This time we happened to stop in between 5-7 pm and that meant that we could choose from the senior specials (old curmudgeons that we are).
We each had dinner for $8.99 and that included the wonderful soup and salad bar. How can they afford to do that?
I had 1/2 roasted chicken and my wife had a crabcake plate. The soups were very nice and the rye bread can't be beat.
John, the manager, came by to make sure we were well taken care of and we chatted. Very nice.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Have eaten here many times. Soup and bread bar is always great. Salad bar portion is a bit unhealthy and simple. The menu is expansive. They do sandwiches as well as any diner. Love the Rueben and the Monte Cristo. Surprisingly they do dinners very well. My guest last time had veal oscar, which you don't expect in a diner. It was well done with quality crab. I had the ham steak. Tasty and tender. Sides tend to have canned vegetable feel but the entrees and salads are fresh.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stopped at Starlite Diner in Allentown for a meal this was my second trip there and both times service was excellent. I had a open face Ruben it was perfectly prepared, flavorful , just the right mix. As I noted this was my second stop there the first was a breakfast meal. It was also great with great service, there were several in our group and all were satisfied with food and service this is a great stop anytime.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

extensive menu with great prices.the portions were large and the restaurant was full of satisfied customers.it is very clean and the waitresses were very attentive.i will return.