“Good food, but expensive for a diner”

Starlite Diner & Lounge
Ranked #4 of 462 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Alburtis
“Good food, but expensive for a diner”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband & I used to go to the Starlite diner quite often, but noticed their prices were getting more expensive
They have a salad bar, but it is not that great. Too many pasta items.
We do like their lobster bisque soup when they have it.
With the economy the way it is we have decided to go to restaurants that have good food, but offer more for your money
So many restaurants offer coupons or discounts on your meal.
On many occasions I ordered a dinner special that included dessert. I love their rice pudding, but was so full so I asked to take it home.
The waitress told me I am not allowed to do that I spoke to the manager & he said that is our policy.
I can't understand why since it comes with my meal. I am not asking for extra soup from the salad bar.
We have not gone back since.

Visited August 2012

Beverly, Massachusetts
“A True Gem”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

While traveling home from Florida on Easter Sunday, of all days, we thought we were stuck finding a place for a decent dinner. Everything around our hotel was closed except for the usual fast food places. We looked across the street and spotted the Starlite Diner. With some trepidation we went in to eat. Were we ever pleasantly surprised. There may be a "Diner Atmosphere", but the service, the selection, and the quality of the food were all exceptional. The price was more than right. If your ever stuck in Allentown PA, visit this place. I guarantee you will not regret it.

• Visited March 2013
Kings Park, New York
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Good food for a lite meal after a large afternoon dinner with family. Close to our hotel friendly staff with good service. Would return.

Visited March 2013
Dover, Delaware
“Friendly Family Dining - Good Food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This genuine diner offers a wide variety of very good meals, appetizers, sandwiches and desserts plus a decent soup and salad bar. My meal was a chopped sirloin that was far better than average. My wife had a turkey dinner which also was good and very filling. Portions are huge. We both had the soup and salad bar which came with the meal. One of the soups was a pretty decent lobster bisque. We later shared a big piece of really good cheesecake that we took as a carry-out. Prices are reasonable especially when you consider all that comes with the meals. Service is efficient and warmly friendly. We'd definitely go back again.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Breakfast all day!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place looks like a diner - chrome and turquoise. That made me happy. Lots of space inside. People looked happy.

Visited February 2013