“Nice friendly place great food.”

Chianti Italiano Ristorante
Ranked #254 of 471 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

5 of us went for dinner. Appetizers that of garlic knots and bruschetta. Both were very good. WE especially liked the fresh bruschetta. I did not have any bread so could not comment on that but there were 4 or 5 different seasonings that come with the oil to dip it in. Salads were par for the course. Nothing special nothing bad. 2 of us had lobster ravioli in a vodka sauce with crabmeat. THey were delicious. My husband and brother-in-law raved about the shrimp fra diablo and my daughter loved the seafood alfredo. ITs a BYOB so bring your own wine. I have been told that if you dont they will offer a complimentary glass of wine with dinner (they dont have a liquor license so you cant buy any there) but I've been here twice and we always brought wine so I can't vouch for that. Our entrees averaged $22 a piece. As I said we have been there twice and food is very consistent . No one in my party at either time was dissatisfied with the food.

1  Thank marcab19

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Chianti's was dependable Italian food american style. Frank (previous owner) sold recently so I went in for the second time to give them another chance (first new owner visit was poor). This location is hard to get to but near my work, so I want it to be good... but not so.

Bread was dry, so, when asking for a second basket, it came even drier and cold at middle. They bake it there supposedly, but not sure. The gluten free pasta offering made me happy, but they charged more for it. The result for creamy pesto over string noodles was mediocre. My girlfriend had pasta with vodka sauce, and took it home, a good sign. OK.. salads were fresh, but mostly lettuce, romaine. The sad part is that prices have jumped since new owner took over, but not the food quality. Perhaps just a pizza and water is best, that way you're safe!

1  Thank MESAllentownPA