“Show up with a big appetite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mangos Costal Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, Canada
“Show up with a big appetite!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stopped because we liked the name. This restaurant has a Mexican/Spanish flair. The hostess was friendly and didn't miss a beat when we arrived. Service was quick and efficient. Our server was great despite her lack of voice. We shared two appetizers and the seafood paela. Valerie arrived with a basket of chips and salsa. The salsa was great. The asahi tuna was awesome! Empanadas were ok. The pastry on them was a bit thick. The paela was huge! Enough for four. We packed half of it to go! Loved the margaritas! We would definitely come back! Access to the location is not easy but worth attempting.

• Visited September 2012

Cresskill, New Jersey
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was great. We went with a very large group of people, and eventhough they were a bit understaffed the service was great and everyone was very nice

Visited September 2012
“Huge disappointment!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Not accommodating at all! Refused to make the only vegetarian option on the menu...not because they were out of the ingredients, but because they wanted to save the vegetables for guests who ordered them as side dishes! Requested that the waitress ask the chef for other vegetarian options and she down right refused to ask! It was unbelievable and ridiculous. Terrible, horrific service and uneducated staff. Will NEVER go back! My Dad ordered the filet medium well and it was raw, my husband ordered snapper and it was overdone. Dinners do not include salad...which may be a good thing since the lettuce was all wilted and slimy. GROSS

pa.
“Not good”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Starting with the goo-like Spanish rice this place is bad. I can't believe other reviewers actually visited Mangos more than once.

• Visited January 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed to say the least”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I used to go to this restaurant on occasion. Its close to our house, and we enjoyed the food and the overall experience. It was nothing fancy, or glamorous, or even romantic.

When I saw the negative reviews, I was so upset. I was thinking, hey, we like this place!
Now I completely understand.

Their manager must be trying to be more of a Chilis or something, the soft rock Series Satellite radio was annoying. The menu has changed,the food was bland, and it took FOREVER. My husband and I asked if it was a new owner or new manager. The server replied, no, the owner is just changing things up a bit.

This restaurant is taking a turn for the worst. I hope the owner acknowledges the mistakes and reverts back to appreciating quality.

• Visited February 2012