“Locals?”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Richardson, Texas
“Locals?”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is right off of RT22. We were looking for something that was NOT a chain. This is IT! No one could recreate this gem. The people are extremely nice. The clientele was mostly elderly. The salad bar was wonderful with great soups and salad fixings! I ordered the salmon. I do not think that whom ever cooked it had ever actually eaten it. It was very over-cooked and tough. Everything else was very tasty. My hubby had some ground beef patty with grilled onions. He loved it and wanted to lick the plate, I wouldn't let him (the locals were already looking at us curiously). Upon leaving, I noticed the wonderful pastries and had to purchase some for later and boy they were good! The price was very reasonable. We will definitely return, just stay away from the salmon.

• Visited July 2013

Staten Island, New York
“Saturday night diner”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

One word: Excellent! All the food was freshly prepared and abundant, it tasted like grandma had cooked for us, like home made. The waitress asking us many times if everything was OK and if we needed anything else, nowadays this is a rarity! The prices are incredibly low for this quality of food and service! If you visit the Allentown-Bethlehem area, a visit to this dinner is a MUST!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Valijaslistas
Midland Park, New Jersey
“Eh”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you want quick, below average food this is where you should stop. I wasn't expecting great diner food given the other reviews and the look of the place and my expectations were right. My eggs were bland, the pork roll unevenly cooked and the rye bread not rye. The waitress was very nice, but she loved to talk. Normally I wouldn't mind, but we were in a hurry.

The place was clean, but not up to my typical restaurant standards. I'm sure this place was still better than the Denny's next door, but thinking if you really need food you're probably better driving into downtown Bethlehem or just hitting the Dunkin Donuts across the street.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jewel1356
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Best Breakfast in Allentown”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here on business for a few days. I admit I love diners. Nostalgia, I suppose.
Breakfast here is excellent and much more economical than other restaurants in town.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jack B
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Good food. Good service. Could use a facelift.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We got in late and were pretty tired so we may not be the best source for info. Still, the service was very good. Salad bar was ample, well stocked, and fresh. Breakfast for dinner is always welcome, so this was right on time.

Visited April 2013