P.J. Whelihan’s Pub + Restaurant [Allentown]
Ranked #67 of 461 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Opened over two decades ago, PJ's Allentown was the first in our friendly neighborhood Pub family. Pull up a stool at the bar, order a draft beer, a basket of our famous buffalo wings and experience why we continue to win "Best of the Lehigh Valley" awards. We offer a well rounded lunch and dinner menu including limited time seasonal items, rotating cocktail specials and over 18 beers on tap. Check out what's on the menu today.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Oh dear”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Words can't even begin to describe how I feel about this place.

A tiny bar and a lot of people combined with abysmally slow service is a recipe for disaster. And oh, it was a hot mess.

First, we were stuck at a high-top table at the bar, where I couldn't even sit down, thanks to the polite gentlemen behind me. After what felt like forever, my man and I snagged two seats at the bar, where our drinks remained empty for a while. Still, the quality of service increased a bit. The food wasn't anything to write home about - dry boneless wings with a not-so-hot hot sauce, and an average quesadilla.

I can't say we'll ever go back - there are better "sports bar" options with better service and better food. But man, was it an experience.

• Visited July 2013

Bath, Pennsylvania
“Good pub fare”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I like the atmosphere and the food is good. Not the greatest value when you get the bill but I go back every now and again!

Visited July 2013
Wescosville, Pennsylvania
“Best buffalo wings...........”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wings are the great here, but other menu items could be more flavorful though. Also if you don't like it noisy this is not the place to be. Great for happy hour!

Visited May 2013
Laval, Canada
“Best wings on the East Coast”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice Pub/Restaurant, staff is great and the wings are delicious ! There are a lot of varieties of wings and the hot ones was definitely a good choice. As a bonus we where able to look at the second match of the Montreal Canadians for the Stanley cup playoff. I recommend this place and I will for sure visit them again when we will come back to Allentown.

• Visited May 2013
“Go for the wings.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The wings are truly outstanding.

I hadn't eaten wings a PJ's for a couple years, but recently my son has decided wings are his favoriate food, so when we get a chance we stop at various restaurants and get wings as a treat. We recently were at PJ's and their wings are in a class above most others. I don't say this lightly. The difference is significant. The sauces are excellent, although the basic 'hot' is probably the best. The wings are cooked just right, not dessicated or tough or overly greasy and they are quite large. Noticeably larger than most other restaurants, so while they are not cheap by any means, I would say you're getting at least as much meat, if not more, for your money as anywhere else. I would certainly choose PJ's wings over anywhere else including the big-name wing-restaurants.

• Visited February 2013