“Average”

Good for: Families with children
Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

It is an OK hibachi. Chef was uninspired and didn't do the egg in the hat. Onion volcano was uninspired. Part Of Hibachi Is The show. Show was lacking. Fried rice was overcooked and hard. Chicken was ok. Edamame was uncooked. Average but not special. Teppan in Dorney is better.

Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
“Horrible waitress”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been patronizing this establishment for over 8 years and last night was the last time we will be giving them our money. First received my soup/half a bowl and cold. Told waitress she acted like she did not understand me. She took our order and returned with 4 drinks 4 soup/salad and did not see her again. However we did have an awesome chef (Ali) which gave a great show and great food. That being said we naturally tipped our chef 10%. When I finally caught the attention of another waitress and asked for containers for our left overs, my original waitress appeared with them along with our check and more attitude. BAD, first my son wanted some dessert, second she placed the customer check book inside my containers. I really didn't want to place my food into something that how many other customers had handled previously, how unsanitary!! Because of her attitude and what little time she gave to our table I gave her 5% which was a total of 15% tip. I normally tip according to service which in most cases is a total of 20%. She stomped back to our table and in front of others customers told me I should be tipping her a minimum of 15%. UNBELIEVABLE!! When I informed the manager on the way out the door how unprofessional his server handled herself he simply shrugged his shoulders and looked at the door, which I gratefully exited through for the last time. Clean your restaurant and your wait staff attitude.

• Visited October 2013
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
“Nice evening out, but not the best hibachi experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was fine. Hibachi entertainment was just ok. Cook didn't really engage our group like some other hibachis I've been to, but we all left full and happy.

• Visited July 2013
“One of our favorites.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The sushi is fresh. The food is fresh and delicious. The only downside would be the extremely dim lighting. I had to use the light from my phone to read parts of the menu. My husband and I have eaten at A-1 many times and we always leave full and happy.

• Visited June 2013
allentown
“food is ok, but place is dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

When this first opened, it was a pretty nice plance and the food was good. As time has gone it appears the owners are not maintaining it. The bathroom lights were burned out and in general pretty dirty. The dining rooms could also have used a good cleaning and the chairs are in need of repair. I would not go here again. Try Teppan or Kome instead.

• Visited August 2012