“Owner is miserable”

Add it.
Anylise's Hava Java
Ranked #15 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Allentown
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Why is the owner so miserable.

She is not friendly and is overall rude.

I have been in there why she was getting a massage and had to wait about 3-5 min until she got up to wait on me.

1  Thank sarahatz

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stopped here to meet a friend for a coffee on a Thursday morning. Was not impressed. Huge windows on the front wall but almost walked past...there's a neon sign in the window that had the name but I definitely missed it from the street. Inside it is cramped, dark, and stuffy. There was no one in the cafe, yet there were muffin wrappers, crumbs, and a dirty cup on two tables. The server was sitting outside with her buddy soaking in the sun. When she did come inside, she was very helpful and attentive, so I wouldn't agree that the service was poor like the other reviews, but cleanliness and appearance was certainly an issue.

I also had to take offense to the clear lack of understanding on the barista's knowledge of beverages. My friend ordered a macchiato which is a single or double espresso shot with a small dab of steamed milk on top. My friend received a latte. I'm curious if the chai powder used to make my drink has soy or soy lecithin in it. I have an intolerance to soy but never imagined it would be in the chai. I had an awful stomachache later.

I am a barista myself so I felt this review necessary for the owners to see. I really think this store has potential and I'd like to try it again once some changes are made. If I could suggest two things - clean out the clutter (bookshelves and other junk in the back) and train baristas more.

1  Thank kristenwalsh2017