“Needs a makeover”

Ranked #274 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Needs a makeover”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here to meet a friend for a coffee on a Thursday morning. Was not impressed. Huge windows on the front wall but almost walked past...there's a neon sign in the window that had the name but I definitely missed it from the street. Inside it is cramped, dark, and stuffy. There was no one in the cafe, yet there were muffin wrappers, crumbs, and a dirty cup on two tables. The server was sitting outside with her buddy soaking in the sun. When she did come inside, she was very helpful and attentive, so I wouldn't agree that the service was poor like the other reviews, but cleanliness and appearance was certainly an issue.

I also had to take offense to the clear lack of understanding on the barista's knowledge of beverages. My friend ordered a macchiato which is a single or double espresso shot with a small dab of steamed milk on top. My friend received a latte. I'm curious if the chai powder used to make my drink has soy or soy lecithin in it. I have an intolerance to soy but never imagined it would be in the chai. I had an awful stomachache later.

I am a barista myself so I felt this review necessary for the owners to see. I really think this store has potential and I'd like to try it again once some changes are made. If I could suggest two things - clean out the clutter (bookshelves and other junk in the back) and train baristas more.

Visited June 2013