“Wert's Cafe Review”
Review of Wert's Cafe

Wert's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 518 Restaurants in Allentown
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I went to Wert's with my elderly aunt that had a walker. The staff seated us quickly and took care of the walker so it would not be in the way. The food was delicious and plentiful. My aunt is a soup aficionado and she really enjoyed the vegetable beef soup that day. I always enjoy the Birch Beer when I go back east. I will and have recommended this place to eat to everyone I know.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank kanudawg

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I had several students (good eaters) and they enjoyed the meal. I was sure they would we pleased with the quality and quantity.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Great family run business, who come to meet & welcome new customers. In business for almost 60 years, must be doing something right. Food is fabulous and big portions. Very busy but the wait is less then 15 minutes at busy lunch hour. Fried onion basket is huge, more then 2 people could eat along w fresh burger & chips. Hot roast beef sandwich is good w real mashed potatoes w homemade gravy. Delactable desserts are also delicious and very good size. Everything here is made in-house. Well worth the wait. Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

It is a local place that is very busy. This time we went at 5:15 on a Tuesday, busy but no wait. They have an early bird special 4-6 Tuesday - Thursday. 3 choices that come with soup or salad and dessert. I just happened to like the boneless pork chop, which was fried and juicy, with a side of fried zucchini and a great side salad, with cucumbers , carrots. My friend got the scallops with asparagus and fried cauliflower. All very tasty! Took home my rice pudding! Very fair prices and great service... the only negative is the place needs a face lift, but the regulars might disagree!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We were visiting Allentown and found Wert's on TripAdvisor. We sat at the bar with a group of locals and felt like we made a bunch of new friends!! I tried the New England Clam chowder and it was fantastic! We had a delicious cheeseburger and ended with the coconut cream pie. This was the best coconut cream pie ever! They just celebrated 50 years in business... and going strong! The owner was behind the bar socializing with all the regulars. Great and friendly service! We will definitely go again when we pass through. Family run business... so worth the visit!!

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Wert's Cafe? Share your experiences!