“FANTASTIC Burgers”

Ranked #6 of 462 Restaurants in Allentown
PA
“FANTASTIC Burgers”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

FANTASTIC Burgers and great service. Definitely a locals place, and has a nice feel. Pics of the family on the walls. It's not fancy, more of a friendly diner style. Prices are reasonable. I had soup and a wonderful hand made burger and could not finish the meal. The onion rings are a local favorite. I'll be honest and say that I was not that impressed, but I saw a large number of baskets being served, so I must be in the minority on that one.

Visited July 2014

Eagleville, Pennsylvania
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a cool little place with great food. Went with friends who are locals. Got the onion rings which are really onion straws. Little greasy but good tasting. Wasn't impressed with the chicken wings as the breading wouldn't stick. I had the Wert's Burger which was excellent. I love my burgers stuffed. Desserts were huge and great tasting. Couldn't beat the value.

• Visited June 2014
Allentown, PA
“Our Friday Night "Go-To"”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We always look forward to a welcoming, caring staff whenever we visit Wert's. They seem to be a part of the family that has been operating this restaurant for many, many years. They make you feel like you are a valued client..........and their feelings are sincere.

As for the food..............we have had everything from their "famous" onion rings & burgers to their lump crabmeat entree to their pork & sauerkraut. All is good!

We really, however, enjoy their soups, especially the Manhattan Clam Chowder. I discovered last year that, during summer months, they serve gazpacho...........it might not be on the menu, so do yourself a favor and ask if it is available. It is unbelievably wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to say that we have never had dessert at Wert's! We just go to the Ritz (at the Farmer's Market) for their homemade ice cream......... although the last time that we were at Wert's, they were serving one good-looking, very healthy-sized Strawberry Shortcake!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LivinglifeinPA
Alburtis
“Quaint little restaurant with delicious food”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Every year my four friends & I celebrate our birthdays together. The birthday person chooses a restaurant .
My girlfriend chose Wert's, she has lived in PA her entire life & has frequently eaten there.
I was very pleased with her choice& loved the history this restaurant has.
The waitress was very pleasant & on the ball. I ordered the special Pasta Primavera that comes with red sauce.I asked if i could choose another type. She told me that they had Alfredo & I asked for a little bit on my food. When she brought my meal she had the sauce in a separate bowl.
It was delicious & plentiful. Soup & dessert were included in my meal.
I am thrilled that my friend introduced me to another restaurant for my husband & I to go . I am living in PA for 9 years & I am still finding excellent places to go to.

• Visited March 2014
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Werts makes a great burger and one of my favorite parts, if you order it medium rare or rare, thats how it is cooked and served! A lot of places overcook their burgers. NOT Werts! Onion straws are delicious as well, and are served as a massive basket.... definitely not a single serving. Soups are delicious and they have numerous specials throughout the week.

• Visited December 2013