“Everything I'd expect from a Vietnamese restaurant.”

Pho 1 Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tampa
“Everything I'd expect from a Vietnamese restaurant.”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

It is 1/17/12 and I'm elbow deep in pho soup as I type this. At what I'd expect to be a busy lunch hour, I'm sitting among five other tables of patrons. The service is great, food is great and the next time I'm in Allentown I will eat here again.
It's across the street from the state employment agency so visit an get a job, then stop in for some good food!

2 Thank Wellreadreviewer

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Looks can be deceiving...their food is excellent”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have eaten here several times. The appearance, inside and outside, is a little dated (say, about 1975) and run-down, and I have never been particularly impressed with the service every time I've been there, it's been a little slow and inattentive).

But even with that said, Pho 1's food has always been excellent and keeps me coming back. There are great meat and vegetarian options, and I absolutely love their fresh summer rolls with delicious peanut sauce!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Daniel O
Southport, North Carolina
“good food”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

i think we had lunch for 20 bucks. their pho is amazing. this would be a good place to feed a big group of folks.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank aureliusjackson
Bethlehem, PA
“Authentic gem in the Lehigh Valley”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I can't believe I have lived here for three years and only discovered this restaurant this week. It is very authentic Vietnamese with very fresh ingredients. The pho is delicious and the prices are very low. In addition it is a byob with no corkage fee. Very attentive and helpful service. It is a hole in the wall if that turns you off. We've been twice this week and will be back soon.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Traveling_Elf
Seattle
“Authentic Vietnamese at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

When I first saw the name of the place I was definitley skeptical. I have never been to a good restaurant with the number 1 in it in the past and by the look of the restaurant I wasn't expecting that to change. However as soon as I walked in I noticed that the place was full of Asians and the decor was lacking (great signs that the food is authentic). I don't recommend the broken rice dishes or the eggrolls but the soup pho was authentic and delicious. The portions are a good size and definitely a great value. Service was quite good but the floor was very greasy and I felt my chair had wheels on it by the way it slid around on the floor. Furthermore the utensils weren't very hygenic.

All in all I would say that the food is authentic and a great value but don't expect good decor or cleanliness.

• Visited November 2011