“Great seafood”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Looking for a good seafood place that is not a Red Lobster or a Bonefish Grill this is the place. Hard to get to but if you have GPS it'll take you to the front door. Small place with rustic ambience. Kitchen opens to the dining area. Food was great. Good salad bar which went with the entrée. Good list of appetizers. Wife and I split the mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat. My wife had the sea scallops while I had the baked filet of sole stuffed with crabmeat. A shared sherbet for dessert topped off a wonderful dinner. The wine list was limited but good.
The only drawback would be parking. There is a parking lot two doors down and shared with a liquor store and parking on the street.

2  Thank Croat72

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I have been going to Henry's for many years. The food is fabulous and staff is very friendly. We have introduced many people to Henry's over the years. From business associates to recommendations for first dates, we always recommend Henry's.

1  Thank kerney69
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is my wife`s favorite restaurant. She likes the lobster francaise. The seafood is second to none. Reservations are a must! They have great early-bird specials week nights. We always go here for special occasions.

1  Thank jwaite2013
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We love love love Henry's. Where else can you go for a Lobster Francese? Salad bar is terrific.
You had better wear your loose pants. I am not kidding. The restaurant itself is very small so you need to have a reservation. They do not open until 4:30pm. The service and food are both excellent.

2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hands down the best seafood in Allentown, and possibly the Lehigh Valley. Its also one of the few places locally that I can order my favorite dish: escargot. exactly the way I like it: in garlic butter. And its not just the seafood either. I've ordered numerous entrees, ranging from steak to chicken, and it was all top-notch. Heck even their mozzarella sticks are handmade and are delicious. Did I mentioned everything is cooked a few feet away from you in the open kitchen?

And speaking of the mozzarella sticks, which are about $6 for 4 of them, it can be derived from this that Henry's is a high-priced restaurant, but with a low-key atmosphere. So its a definite go if you and/or your guest simply enjoy top-notch restaurant entrees, and don't want to deal with the pretentiousness of an fancy restaurant.

My only issue with the place? The waiting staff can be extremely grumpy and judgmental, particularly of younger generations. Their demographic is generally 50+, and I'm 21, and every time I've been there, when I'm first approached by the waiting staff they come off as extremely grumpy, like they're upset that they have to wait on a young kid whose going to order all the cheap stuff and give them a tip that's not worth their time, and they would only check up on us when we're deciding what to order half as often as they would for the other tables. Don't believe me? The moment I order an expensive appetizer, a bottle of wine, and one of their upper-priced entrees, the expression on their faces, their mood, and their attention to my table changes so dramatically its quite obvious they were quick to judge me and my expenditure by my young appearance alone. The Maître de, who you call to make reservations, also sounds very grumpy when you make reservations during prime hours, and doesn't thank you for your reservation either.

All in all, as long as you're not bothered by the occasional grumpy/rude waiter/waitress, I can't recommend this place enough, mainly for date-nights or for special occasions among a few people, because of the high prices. The food. Its fresh, cooked a few feet away from you, and perfect no matter what you order. What more can you ask for?

3  Thank Benjamin H