“Seafood does not come any better than this!”

Henry's Salt of the Sea
Ranked #1 of 471 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Quaint and dark as stated in previous reviews, somewhat like a corner bar. But, there the resemblance stops. My wife had twin lobster tails and I had a generous helping of lump crab meat. Both came with brown butter (hot) and were served hot as well. My scalloped potato was unusual and tasty. The veg du jour was corn apparently since we did not order it. The salad bar was included and everything was fresh and colorful. It is a bit cramped so when the two ladies in front of us stopped stockpiling I was relieved. Seating was prompt and our waitress arrived promptly to "rattle" off eight or ten specials, I got the impression that I shouldn't ask her to repeat it. Service was fairly prompt and courteous but not what I would call cheerful. The coffee was good as you can almost expect at a restaurant such as this one. Bill was $57.00 with no drinks or extras, a definate special occasion restaurant but only slightly above the chains, I would rather go here. Parking is difficult and you might have to walk a block or so.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This place not only has great food and service, but it is a quaint little place. It has been open in Allentown for ages- so that alone should tell you something. Even during the week there is often a wait, so reservations are a must because the place is very very small.
I love being able to sit in the same room where the food is actually being cooked in an open kitchen. An Allentown Classic- great for a meal with family or a romantic dinner.

2  Thank LVfoodieAllentown
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The food is excellent!! Not cheap but remember you get what you pay for!!

2  Thank meeksrella
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I'm from Chicago, and was staying near Allentown on business. My client told me I absolutely had to go there - and he was right! The mussels in garlic herb sauce appetizer was superb, as was the tilapia with lump crab meat in cream sauce. I ate at the bar, and the bartender, Jeff, was very warm and personable. I will go out of my way to come back here if I am within 50 miles.

The atmosphere is quaint - it reminds me of a log cabin, or a hunting lodge. My kind of place!

Reviewed June 25, 2009

A friend of mine captured a roach on her table while dining here. A really big one. When the manager was informed, he didn't even comp the meals. He said he'd call an exterminator.

3  Thank valleygirl00