“Best sushi in town”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I have been coming here for a long time, and each time was better than the last, it seems like they always have something new in the menu. I have been to many sushi restaurants, and this place is on my list of top 5 favs. AND they literally adhere to your needs, my friend was allergic to shell fish but the one she wanted had shell fish, so she asked if she could substitute that for something else and they assured us that it was NO problem at all, unlike some places we've been too that were TOO quick to say no and that there was no way they would be able too.

Reviewed June 8, 2009

If you're into LOUD NOISE, this is the place for you. I've been to several Hibachi places, but this topped them all in terms of noise and 'fanfare'. I've never heard a gong be gongged so many times in my life! It seemed as if someone had a birthday every 5 minutes and with that came banging gongs, sparklers, disco balls flashing and lots of other undetermined noise. I'm a 30 something female with young children, so I can tolerate pretty much, but this was sensory overload. Not to mention we couldn't hear the person sitting next to us talk. Not conducive to any serious conversations for sure. We thought we'd make the most of it and see what a 'cake' and gonging would cost and were shocked that it was $18 !!

But I digress, we waited over 20 minutes until anyone even came over to order drinks, then another 15-20 until we got them. We didn't even order until we'd been there for almost an hour! It was ridiculous really. And yes, you pay $3 extra if you prefer fried rice over white. But you get 3 measly shrimp as an 'appetizer' which actually comes with the rest of your meal while the guy is doing hibachi. The only perk is the free ice cream at the end - a scoop to cleanse the palette.

I will say that we lucked out and got the best 'chef' in the place, "Suzuki" as he called himself. He was a lot of fun and made the night tolerable. But the food was less tasteful than A-1 Steakhouse (and I got sick later), the service was lacking in comparison and overall, as a friend state, it was like a 'Hibachi Factory' rather than a nice evening out to dinner and a touch of entertainment. We'll stick with A-1. Our fave.

Reviewed June 6, 2009

First time I've been to Teppan, and let me tell you it was the best dinner I've ever had, the service was excellent and the food was more than superb, I dont remember the names exactly but the volcano one was really good and so was the salmon spicey something. I recommended this place to all of my friends and it turned out they already knew about this place lolz and loved it just as much as I did!

Reviewed March 18, 2009

If you've ever had hibachi before, Teppan will be a disappointment. Sure, they cooked the food in front of you, but that's all you get. The food was burnt and had no flavor. Everything cost extra, despite that it is already way over-priced. Best part of out $75 meal (for 2 people and no alcohol) was the ice cream at the end.
Go to A-1 Steakhouse hibachi. much better.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook