“Best in the Valley ...”

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in the Valley ...”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Love the whole experience . Every thing done to perfection. The staff is friendly and service is excellent

• Visited February 2014

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“More than hibachi-1st rate Korean, Tempura and Sushi”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Hibachi Grill experience, (which is called "Teppan-Yaki" in Taiwan and Japan) is not my thing. This review does not cover the Hibachi experience. Judging from the verbal reactions and applause from the hibachi diners, the Hibachi Chefs are putting on a good show. While we were there, there were 3 birthday parties really enjoying themselves.

Putting the 8 hibachi grills aside, the beautifully crafted sushi and authentic Japanese and Korean dishes are reason enough to go to Teppan Hibachi.

The tempura calamari appetizer featured calamari that was ultra tender with a nice tempura coating. The seafood Udon noodle dish was nicely presented with authentic Japanese flavors, and the Bulgogi entree was reminiscent of Seoul with just a little less heat.

This is a big restaurant with many hibachi stations, a large cocktail lounge and a large sushi bar with sushi chefs who know their trade. There was a piano player the night we were dining and his contributions were nice without being overbearing or obtrusive.

Now that I think about it, I would go back just to get the Bulgogi on a cold Winter's night. I had enough Bulgogi left to take out my lunch for the next day.

• Visited February 2014
Bath, Maine
“Check the prices with the server before you order.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ordered sushi it was very good and fresh. The down side was that the waiter said he would split what we ordered between sushi and fish with no rice. When we got the bill it was ten dollars more than the menu advertised we did get more food but it was not what we asked for and we waisted a lot.

Visited November 2013
Bayside, New York
“My family loves this pace.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We eat here every year during our annual tip to Allentown. My kids LOVE it! Good food and cocktails ;)

Visited June 2013
“Dinner and a show”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I brought my best friend here for her birthday on May 25, 2013. I've been here a few times before and it's always relatively the same experience. The habatchi is a neat experience, although if you seem habatchi one here you've seen it a hundred times, it is the same performance every time. Still in love it. My friends got steak and shrimp, while I got steak and chicken. The portion of chicken was a little small, but still tastes.
Over all it was a pleasant expirtence which i would do again.

• Visited May 2013