“So glad they are back”

Youell's Oyster House
Ranked #11 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Youell's Oyster House, Sea to Table since 1895. 6 varietal oysters daily, plus 6 more on deck. Fresh Seafood and Prime Steaks, Raw Bar, 2 lb Maine Lobsters delivered daily, Varietal Oysters, Seafood Towers, Gastropub Fare. Full compliment of Craft Brews on draft. Generous wine, scotch, cognac and cocktail selection for the most discriminating imbiber Upscale, casual atmosphere for any and all occasions, including business and family gatherings, as well as private parties on our mezzanine level.
Bethlehem, PA
“So glad they are back”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I just ate at Youell's last night and it was amazing. My wife and I started with some oysters. We got some Blue Points and our waiter had said they were big and meaty, but OMG! These things were HUGE! They were very good, very tender. Really nice. My wife then had the lobster tails, which were out of this world. She was very surprised that she got 3 tails for that price! I got the soft shell crabs, sautéed instead of fried with the lump crab on top. I have to say, the crabs were amazing, the only thing that I would've changed is I would've done less sauce on the crabs. The sauce was good, but it overpowered the natural crab flavor a bit. Other than that, amazing. They also had a great kids menu for my little ones. All in all, a fantastic evening!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ItsMe625

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Renewed great food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Updated looks with same great food! Best Oyster stew since Mom's! Diverse selection of specials too. Will be back again and again.

Visited May 2014
“Yummy Time!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved this place! I live within walking distance and wanted to visit before the unfortunate accident. Now that it's up an running again, my boyfriend decided to take me there for my birthday. It looks beautiful! And the food was just as good! And it was reasonably priced. I was always told otherwise, but it was great. Some of the best seafood I've eaten...especially in a land-locked state! And the drink menu was fabulous. A lot of fun cocktails to keep you going all night. I will definitely be back to try a happy hour and get some more delicious grub.

• Visited May 2014
“Good food but noisy”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The food was good with not a jacked-up menu for Mother's Day like most places. They had their regular menu and a special menu with a few daily special selections for Mother's day...as they probably do for any other weekend.
All of the restaurant was nicely re-done since the fire. It is modern, open air, but noisy. Small tables for two. We asked for a larger table but the hostess was testy about it, saying they had a busy day and the small table was all that she could offer us. We were iritated further, when she later sat two women at a table with 4 chairs right next to us. My tip reflected our displeasure with the hostess. She probably won't be there next time we return. She hated her job.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank pennstfan
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“What a dissappointment”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I dined there for my birthday with my husband and friends how things have changed. Our table ordered Seafood Combinations 1& 2 , Lump Crab cakes, and Fra Diablo for our entrees. Appetizer fried calamari and a Caesar salad. Everything was just okay. The salad greens were wimpy didn't taste like it was just made. Crab cakes had too much filler the rest was just mediocre. No one was really impressed with our meals considering all the good reviews and friends telling us to go back since they reopened again. The waitress was very good. When we went to pay our tab the manager wouldn't except an American express gift card. Implying that we didn't have another credit card for payment but we did. He needs to work on his people skills. Everyone at our table work in the hospitality field anywhere from chefs to GM of Upscale hotels. You never know who is dining so everyone should be treated the same. They wanted to treat to a nice meal they didn't want to cook and could enjoy too. They were all disappointed. Will not return again. We will stick with Henry's Salt and the Sea. Always a good time there with excellent customer service.

• Visited April 2014