“We had a pleasant experience”

Allentown Brew Works
Ranked #9 of 471 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned & operated, award-winning restaurant and brewery. A five floor restaurant & production brewery with state-of-the-art banqueting facilities, outdoor dining, and Silk Lounge. The Fegley family are proud to offer quality, craft brews and delicious food while remaining ethically committed to your health, and the health of our environment. Our restaurants and breweries are run by 100% renewable energy sources and all-natural, sustainable ingredients are used whenever possible.
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I thought that the food, my wife and I had ,was good and the ambiance and the service were also good. I guess we must take into account that we went in the middle of the week and the place was not busy. If we are in the area we are likely to come back.

Reviewed August 8, 2009

Loved the look of the restaurant when we walked in. Beer sampler was great and server was friendly. Unfortunately it wasn't a great night for the kitchen. We waited quite a while for our food and when it arrived, one dish had hair in it. Server appropriately apologetic and immediately took dish back to the kitchen and replaced. Re-do contained two other pastas from two seperate entree items on the menu. Onion soup bowl from first course was never cleared from the table. Peel and eat shrimp were very difficult to peel and somewhat rubbery which leads me to believe they may have been reheated and not served to order. or just overcooked. Manager apologized, offered us dessert, but at that point we were just done. Took a looong time to get our check and we had to wait again for our credit card to return. While it wound up being a good value, the quality control just wasn't consistent enough for us to say we would return. It was very disappointing given the rave reviews we had heard from our hotel and from what we had read online. It's possible their kitchen just had an off night.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

The Allentown Brew Works has a special place in our hearts. Husband and I live a few blocks away and come here at least once a week. Always great service. Excellent martinis. Specially brewed beer. Really great food. Fun, metro atmosphere!

This place reminds us of all the times we spent a week working hard, needed a break, and came here. They've always been accomodating and friendly. The food is yummy. Prices are whatever you feel like paying. If you want cheap sandwiches/burgers, this is the place. If you want a great filet mignon or fish entree this is the place. You must try the Thai Potstickers with peanut dipping sauce. Yum!

Always great music, always cool atmosphere, always yummy food. A+++ rating from locals who've been here weekly! :)

Reviewed July 23, 2009

On July 3rd, we had a rehearsal dinner for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding party. It was spectacular! We used the High Gravity room and it shimmered that evening. Food stations were wonderfully managed; food was delicious. The staff could not have been more attentive and kind. I got wonderful help in setting up my slide show and they even tapped my music into the system - awesome! I cannot say enough good things about the folks at Brewworks in Allentown. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 2, 2009

My wife and I went to the Allentown Brew Works about one year ago. This was one of the worst dining experiences we've ever had. Slow service to get a beer, the centerpiece of the whole Brew Works concept - BEER. Once we were served our drinks, it took about a half hour to flag down the waitress, who seemed to ignore us at every move possible. I looked straight at her and tried to get her attention an one point - NO LUCK. When she did come to take our order, it was as if we were bothering her. We finally got our food about 40 minutes after ordering. Good, typical pub fare, which is exactly what we wanted. But again, to get the check seemed to take forever. I was getting mad, I stared at our waitress. The waiter whispered to her and she made a very loud, rude comment about the customers, which involved the use of the word "MAGGOTS" How pleasant to hear after you've just eaten.

We Will never go to The Allentown Brew Works Again!

On the other hand, we've eaten at The Bethlehem Brew Works many times and have never had a bad experience.

How can 2 places owned and operated by the same people be so drastically different ?
I don't understand it, you'd think the Fegley's would have corrected this type of poor service long ago. I'll spend my dining dollars elsewhere.