“Looks just like the pictures.”

Staybridge Suites Allentown West
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Sharon, Massachusetts
“Looks just like the pictures.”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Before traveling, I always check Tripadvisor reviews and the photos. I have to say they've been spot on. This time I thought to put my two cents in. Staybridge Suites -- I give it 2 thumbs up! My daughter and I wanted to get away (before school started) so we spent a couple of days at Staybridge. We went to the Allentown fair and visited friends. Regarding the room - it was a nice size for the two of us. It was like having an apartment in a complex. The kitchen was loaded with dishes, pots, pans, coffee pot (coffee & tea), even kitchen towels, dishwashing soap and a scrubby brush. The pillows were very soft and the bed was clean (yes I did inspect it). I do have to say the "queen size" bed is not a queen. It's more like a full size bed. The hotel offers a self serve breakfast which includes - coffee (which was good), tea, cocoa, oatmeal, eggs, french toast (not the best), pancakes, yogurt, fruit, cereal and muffins. The hotel has a computer room (very helpful), a tiny mart that has snacks, drinks and last minute purchase items. There is a work out room, laundry room (your room provides a laundry basket) and pool. My daughter enjoyed her stay at Staybridge that she didn't want to leave. Regarding the area - Dorney Park is about 10 minutes away, there is a diner, pizza place and Burger King close by and even a mini mini golf across the road. Overall, very nice. We would've stayed an extra night but my daughter had school the next day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Picky1010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Purcellville, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were looking for a place to stay while driving home from New England and came upon an exit outside Allentown that had several hotels nearby. The Hilton was booked so went across the street to a cluster of other hotels. In that cluster was Staybridge Suites. We liked the "Suites" part of the name since we had a 4-year-old with us and like having a separate room for him to sleep in while we stay up. The $150 rate was likely higher than the budget chain next door, but we felt it was worth a try. We were not disappointed.

The interior seemed new and had a nice decor. Our room was good-sized, with a sitting area, small kitchen, and the hoped-for separate bedroom. With a sofa that opens into a bed, the room could have slept 6 so the three of us had plenty of room. Both wired and wireless Internet access is included and performed well. The two TVs were both non-HD CRTs, but had a good channel selection. My only complaints about the room are the too-soft pillows and the sink in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom.

The included breakfast was very good, including hot items as well as the usual continental selections.

We did not have a chance to try the pool or fitness center.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rirri
Queens, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We just stayed at the Staybridge Suites Allentown West and could not have been happier with our stay. We traveled with 5 other families and booked several suites. They were large, clean and very reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is a short few miles from Dorney Park.

The staff is very efficient and they made sure we enjoyed our stay. We pretty much had the run of the hotel on a Sunday night, and they allowed us to order pizzas and set everything up in the lobby breakfast room. There is a courtyard outside where the boys played basketball and the dads could sit out there and have a cigar. There is a nice sized indoor pool for the kids (no lifeguard though).

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. They were very nice to us and we had everything we needed for a great trip!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank tamdave12345
Manorville, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Staybridge was amazing! Everything you need was in the room, right down to a cork crew! My husband and I slept so well, we looked at the name on the mattress so we could look into it when we get home. I would recommend this hotel to everyone..its a home away from home. The kitchen is so well appointed...dishes, pots, flatware, can opener, ice maker in the fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher including the soap! The front desk receptionist, Amy, was so accommodating. Anything we asked for, she brought up within minutes. I have nothing bad to say about the place. Very, very clean too. Pool was clean...and free laundry faciltiy was a special treat! Breakfast was very nice with hot and cold choices. Nice variety, something for everyone. Little store in the lobby has everything right down to frozen french bread pizza or a Lean Cusine dinner (ice cream too) if you want to stay in. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Modestalom
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed in a two bed-roomed suite and availed of the pool, laundry, and breakfast buffet. This hotel well laid out and is excellent value for money and perfect for a family with children.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PMayes
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2010

After a debacle with a Galloway, NJ hotel not honoring my confirmed and credit-card-charged reservation, at the last minute, I booked this hotel based on its 96% approval rate in tripadvisor.
I was not disappointed.
I decided to come to the area to explore its casinos, and to see if this is a hotel I'd go back to in better weather, to visit Dorney Park.
The hotel is nicely appointed, with modern furnishings.
I was greeted every time I passed by the reception area.
Breakfast was a bountiful buffet with a waffle maker, and a beverage dispenser with, my favorite, Diet Coke.
There was also unlimited coffee and tea in the lobby.
There was a small lounge near the dining area, where I was able to print out maps and other area information from the internet-ready computers.
Our room was next to the swimming pool and jacuzzi area.
Usually we were the only ones using either.
I could tell the jacuzzi was kept clean on a daily basis. I saw a discarded disposable ph meter in the garbage, and the fluff on the jacuzzi, which usually has specks of grime, or even hair (!?!), was clear.
There was a dispensary next to the front desk which was helpful when I unexpectedly got food poisoning, and my husband bought a lot of pepto bismol.
The hotel is right off a highway, but you have to make a left turn and hook through the backs of a Dunkin Donuts and a distribution center. This is not scary, but a little confusing at first.
The room was nicely sized, the thermostat was very responsive.
There was a kitchen area I didn't use except for the fridge and coffeemaker.
The lighting could have been a little better, inside the room.
The bed was incredibly comfortable.
Please note that short-stay occupants must tell the front desk when the room should be cleaned. Since I had food poisoning, I didn't have the room cleaned, since I was sleeping a lot.
I will be returning in the springtime, with my parents and 1 1/2 yr old daughter.

Please note I got the food poisoning after eating at the diner on the same strip as the hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leemonada76
east islip
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Stayed Friday and Saturday nights. Our reserved room was occupied,so they upgraded us to a two bedroom suite. We were very happy! Site was very nice and comfortable.Woman at the front desk was very friendly. Breakfast was average,but the staff was very efficient. If something was needed,they got it quickly and without a fuss. Plenty of places to get food nearby.All in all,a good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple