“nice hotel,a little hard to find”

Staybridge Suites Allentown West
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Stayed Friday and Saturday nights. Our reserved room was occupied,so they upgraded us to a two bedroom suite. We were very happy! Site was very nice and comfortable.Woman at the front desk was very friendly. Breakfast was average,but the staff was very efficient. If something was needed,they got it quickly and without a fuss. Plenty of places to get food nearby.All in all,a good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wizrick

Reviewed November 1, 2009

Visiting our son at Allentown, we stayed here for the first time. For $99 had a very nice studio with kitchen (dish washer), clean room, nice closet with shelves and an ironing board (for my wife). Facility itself is very attractive with great room with tv, small library and the business center where I am writing this. Breakfast was excellent (included) and there is a laundry room (machines are complimentary) pool- adequate, and a fitness center with treadmill, nautilus and the basics needed for a short stay.
I am sure we will stay in more of these hotels. There are 1bed and 2 br suites which also looked way more than comfortable for larger groups/families. No restaurant in the facility but there is a sports bar restaurant across the parking lot that delivers.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank neslaw1
Reviewed October 23, 2009

This is a nice place to stay, especially for an extended length of time. Having a kitchen makes daily living comfortable, and the breakfast that is served in the lobby area each morning made for an easier start to my day. I didn't need to cook or go to a restaurant, which can take a while.

The bed was really comfortable too, with the option of feather pillows.

The cleaning staff didn't pay as much attention to detail as I would have liked. They forgot to replace things sometimes, like my bath rug, tissues, etc. But, those issues were minor. It was just inconvenient to have to go seek those things out. They did a good job otherwise. The manager really pays attention to his facility, which is good.

I'm now staying somewhere else in another town, and I really miss my room at the Staybridge.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank phyllis2201
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stay at this hotel every year. This time, on our first stay, we had a horrible experience with a family full of screaming children/babies next door to us and ants in the kitchen and the bathroom. The management did relocate us and did refund the dog fee.

The second, was great. It was quiet, the breakfast buffet was great, and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

I don't agree with the $75 dollar pet fee, when the children cause more of a ruckus. After several emails the management did refund the dog fee although I think more could have been done. We only got 4 hours sleep because of the unruly family next door which the management knew about the night before!

Also, the third floor (top) is the smoking floor, which is a shame, since it is the most desired location, and yet, the entire floor stinks of smoke which gets into your clothes and seeps under the doors.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Schip
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We were visiting family in the area and found this hotel to be the best that we have stayed in. We were so comfortable. The mattress and pillows were wonderful. the room and the entire hotel was very clean. The best I must say was the breakfast which was very well done and very good especially the yummie waffles. The staff was quite nice.
I asked for directions one morning the younge lady at the desk even printed it out for me.
We were quite impressed and will stay there again on our next visit. Thank you.
Mr.&Mrs. Levine Feeding HIlls, Ma.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandi057
Reviewed August 2, 2009

The Staybridge Allentown/West is located on St. Hwy 100, just south of the US 22 (I-78) interchange, amidst a busy commercial area, and is tucked away off an access road, next to other motels and restaurants. Previous posters have mentioned the distribution center next door, but I didn't find it to be disturbing in any way.

This property appears to be fairly representative of the Staybridge chain...registration was quick and friendly...my room comprised a 2-room suite with Living room/Kitchen area, separating a bedroom/bathroom...more spacious than a standard hotel room, but smaller than what one would find at (e.g.) Embassy Suites...if you've ever stayed at a Homewood Suites, then you have a pretty good idea what a Staybridge is like.

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet...there is a complimentary breakfast buffet in the lobby, along with a small coffee bar, serving a variety of hot beverages, as well as small Library/Game area and business center, featuring PC's, printer and fax.

There are a couple of retaurants within walking distance from the property, along with some that are a short drive away...I'm not that familiar with the Allentown area, so there is nothing specific I can recommend, though we dined one evening at a "sports" themed restaurant not far from the airport called "Copperheads" which was quite good.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My queen suite was large and had a complete functioning kitchen with a full size refrigerator. Great for an extended stay where you want to take care of some of your meals in the hotel room. Room was very quiet and I did not have a problem with the distribution center next door. Wireless internet never went out on me and the speed was good. . Breakfast was exceptional, selection was great and spacious. Afternoon managers reception was real with soft drinks and food (pulled pork Tuesday) on the house. The pool and fitness area were OK, one treadmill kept popping its fuse though when I switched to the other treadmill it worked fine. TV and remote both worked in the fitness center. The whirlpool should have been about 2 degrees warmer. Overall a very pleasant stay for mid-price range.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business