“Solid Staybridge Experience...”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Crestwood, KY
“Solid Staybridge Experience...”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

The Staybridge Allentown/West is located on St. Hwy 100, just south of the US 22 (I-78) interchange, amidst a busy commercial area, and is tucked away off an access road, next to other motels and restaurants. Previous posters have mentioned the distribution center next door, but I didn't find it to be disturbing in any way.

This property appears to be fairly representative of the Staybridge chain...registration was quick and friendly...my room comprised a 2-room suite with Living room/Kitchen area, separating a bedroom/bathroom...more spacious than a standard hotel room, but smaller than what one would find at (e.g.) Embassy Suites...if you've ever stayed at a Homewood Suites, then you have a pretty good idea what a Staybridge is like.

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet...there is a complimentary breakfast buffet in the lobby, along with a small coffee bar, serving a variety of hot beverages, as well as small Library/Game area and business center, featuring PC's, printer and fax.

There are a couple of retaurants within walking distance from the property, along with some that are a short drive away...I'm not that familiar with the Allentown area, so there is nothing specific I can recommend, though we dined one evening at a "sports" themed restaurant not far from the airport called "Copperheads" which was quite good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Hampshire
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My queen suite was large and had a complete functioning kitchen with a full size refrigerator. Great for an extended stay where you want to take care of some of your meals in the hotel room. Room was very quiet and I did not have a problem with the distribution center next door. Wireless internet never went out on me and the speed was good. . Breakfast was exceptional, selection was great and spacious. Afternoon managers reception was real with soft drinks and food (pulled pork Tuesday) on the house. The pool and fitness area were OK, one treadmill kept popping its fuse though when I switched to the other treadmill it worked fine. TV and remote both worked in the fitness center. The whirlpool should have been about 2 degrees warmer. Overall a very pleasant stay for mid-price range.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Boston
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I discovered this property and although was put off by its location next to a distribution center (you can see a whole bunch of tractor trailers parked next to the property), I am glad that I tried out this property. It is located right next to an excellent restaurant and an average diner. The hotel itself is fairly new and was quiet and comfortable.

• Liked — Convenience, quiet and comfortable
  • Disliked — No free breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We originally had planned to spend eight nights at this hotel in order to explore the area and do some shopping. Unfortunately, we ended up only spending two nights primarily because of the above reason. The minute we got off the elevator, the stench of cigarettes hit our nostrils and continued all the way to the other end of the building, the location of our suite. The smell continued into our rooms, as far as the eating counter. We had to put pillows in front of the door to try to keep the odor to a minumum. The next day we bought air freshener to try to eliminate the smell. We mentioned this to the staff the morning of second day of our stay. They didn't seem to care about it, nor did they offer to change our rooms. For whatever reason, the stench was still present when we returned later that day.

Also, the kitchen wasn't as clean as it should have been for new guests. The lightbulb over the stove was burned out and the glass that covered it was greasy from past use. The bulb was replaced on the second day, but the glass was not cleaned.

On the plus side, the TV and DVD player were two nice features. The beds were comfortable and the duvets kept one warm without becoming overheated. The full kitchen was terrific, especially if one has to follow a special eating plan or wants to save money by not eating out.

If you don't mind nasty odors, it wouldn't be a bad place to spend a few nights.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Upon arriving at our room we were initially pleasantly suprised-there is a large kitchen and living room area with a tv. When we reached the bedroom however that changed. On the ceiling there was a large water damage stain and then about a foot of the ceiling strip was missing. The worst part was that the lampshade was all stained from the water!!! This was inexcusable. I called the front desk and they said there was nothing else available. I expressed that we booked this back in September to ensure that we wouldn't run into a problem but they said they were fully booked and nothing else was available.
My husband then went down to the front desk in person and was told there was a room available on the smoking floor. Since I am highly allergic we did check it out but it was too smoky. So now our choices are a moldy room or a smoky room. We were not happy. I again went to the front desk and told the woman we were leaving as I found a Wyndham not far away with great reviews for a little less money. She then informed me someone just called to cancel their plans and that room was now available. It was fine except that the refrigerator and Sprinkler room below us was on all night and disrupted our sleep. Furthermore it's on a very busy highway with a lot of tractor trailer trucks so the outside noise was very loud. Also, they use very stong industrial chemicals to clean so that too bothered my sinuses.
The pluses-great breakfast-bacon, eggs, cereal, waffles, fruit etc. Truly a full breakfast with beverages and there was even an afternoon snack buffet the first night we were there. Pool and hottub were small but we basically had it to ourselves so we were happy about that.
All in all it was worth it for the money and the staff was very gracious and helpful. They did also take about $35 off one night to make up for our troubles. I just wonder why if the room we eventually we got wasn't offered to us in the first place?

Stayed January 2009
Atlanta
Reviewed January 3, 2009

This hotel is the Best we have ever stayed so far...
The hotel is almost new, the suites are beautiful and spacious. Towels and linens are top hotel quality. The kitchen has everything you need to make you feel in your own. Super high speed internet service. Hot continental breakfast every morning with your choice of juice, fruit, coffee, tea, yogurt, milk, chocolate milk, eggs, bacon or sausage (depending on the day), cereal, waffles, etc.
Each room has 2 tvs, one in the living room area and one in the bedroom. Kids loved to watch cartoons in the morning.
They have a nice indoor pool for the kids and a Great fitness center. Fresh clean towels are provided at the pool and the fitness center.
We had maid service every day. They have dry cleaning service and they also have a laundry center for the guests with 4 washers and 4 dryers - medium capacity. Nice business center with 2 computers and printer.
The kids also enjoyed the library and the board games they have available.
Did I forget to mention the stay of our dog ? we have a lab mix and he had a great time too... the rooms are quiet and he was happy. You need to bring your own doggy bags. They charge a fee for your pet's stay (totally worth).
The staff was very friendly and polite.
Across the hotel is a nice restaurant called Boston's which has a wide variety of food, from pasta to ribs. I personally recommend the pizza.
We stayed there for almost a week and we didn't miss home. We will definitely stay there every time we visit Allentown.

• Liked — The clean, nice, spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Olgap28
PA
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I love this hotel and miss it when I stay in other hotel in another town. What I love most is the spacious room with complete kitchen, free laundry, and the free breakfast. I stayed there twice with husband and 2 yr old toddler. The room has a big round dining table that can sit 4 people. The full size fridge saves us the frequent trip to the grocery. On the first day, there're popcorn, tea and coffee but they never refill on other days. There're 2 chests with 5 drawers which is convenient with a tv and dvd player on each of them. Since the laundry is free, I think people abuse it. I always see people wash only few pieces of their clothes. Breakfast bar has all the basic stuffs like milk, yogurt, fruit, cereals, breads, cold boiled eggs, waffle maker, juices and the hot drinks. They rotate the hot food every day so you don't have to eat same hot food everyday like the hotel I'm staying right now. The gym is ok but the drinking cup leaves a strong fragrance taste in my mouth. The official check in time is 3pm but they allowed us to check in at 1pm. My only complain is they don't refill the bath items everyday. We need to ask for it.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — no big issue
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family