We wanted to take our 8 year old grandson to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom but really had no idea where to stay. Upon googling "hotels near Dorney Park" I noticed the Staybridge Suites. I am the one who usually makes all the travel arrangements for my family and wanted to try a new place to stay. We love Hampton Inns as they are very reliable but I decided to go for a change. I never book anything without first checking with Trip Advisor. After reading the reviews available to the Staybridge Suites, I felt comfortable booking the room for an overnight stay. Well what a pleasant surprise upon arrival at the front desk. The clerk was friendly, helpful and probably one of the most pleasant hotel clerk's that I've met in a long time. After asking if this was our first visit, she took the time to explain everything from the welcome reception (bbq) that same evening to the free breakfast buffet the following morning. She let us know what was close by that might be of interest to us as well as recommending restaurants to our liking. Upon walking into our room, we immediately felt comfortable. There was a bag of popcorn waiting for us, a fully equiped kitchen and a spotless room. The layout is great with the bedroom which is separated from the living area by two french style doors. The furniture in the living area was comfortable and there is a breakfast island. The towels and the shower head alone is worth the reasonably priced rate, We were reminded by the front desk that there was a snack being served later in the evening which was nice and different from most hotels. There is a courtesy laundry room available. You just need to purchase soap. Which brings me to their convenience store. Prices are so reasonable (bottle of soda was a buck fifty) that I had to do a double take. There you can pretty much find all your needs and not spend a fortune. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty extra pillows, blankets and sheets in the closet. The next morning after reading our complimentary newspaper there was a nice breakfast served with plenty of choices. You could even make your own waffles. There were also "to go" bags provided. Nice touch. Throughout our stay, we encountered many friendly faces. Not one staff member would walk by you without a smile and a greeting. So much that my grandson asked "why is everyone so nice here?" Go figure.
The only downside and it wasn't that big a deal was the indoor pool and hot tub. The minute we walked into the pool area we could smell the chlorine and couldn't stay more than an hour without our eyes burning. Fortunately, the pool led to an outdoor patio where we could take a breather...literally.
We loved this place so much that as soon as we got home we were online checking for locations. It it had not been for Trip Advisor I would be missing out on one of the nicest hotels within a reasonable price range. Move over Hampton Inns!Recommended Highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Comfortable at the Staybridge Suites Hotel Allentown West. The Staybridge Suites Allentown West hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Candlewood Suites. The Staybridge Suites Hotel is centrally located at I-78 and Route 100, minutes from downtown, the ABE Allentown Airport & Lehigh Valley Real estate districts. Our location offers easy access to Air Products, Olympus, Lutron Electronics, Coca-Cola, Fischer & Lehigh Cement, Lehigh Valley Industrial Parks, Iron Run Corporate Park, Stabler Center and the new Coca Cola Park Iron Pigs Stadium. We are minutes from Kutztown and Lehigh Universities, Cedar Crest College, Lehigh Valley Mall, Bear Creek Ski area and just 5 minutes from Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom. The Staybridge Suites Hotel offers apartment-like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom/two-bathroom apartment-like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work areas, TV with HBO, free wired and wireless Internet and direct dial phones with personalized voice mail. Other features include a 24-hour business center with free Internet access, print/fax/copy capabilities, free laundry facilities, fitness center, indoor pool, courtyard with grills, and free deluxe breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Allentown West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Allentown West Hotel Allentown
- Allentown Staybridge Suites