“Loved it. Don't miss out.”

Staybridge Suites Allentown West
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
South Jersey
“Loved it. Don't miss out.”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We wanted to take our 8 year old grandson to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom but really had no idea where to stay. Upon googling "hotels near Dorney Park" I noticed the Staybridge Suites. I am the one who usually makes all the travel arrangements for my family and wanted to try a new place to stay. We love Hampton Inns as they are very reliable but I decided to go for a change. I never book anything without first checking with Trip Advisor. After reading the reviews available to the Staybridge Suites, I felt comfortable booking the room for an overnight stay. Well what a pleasant surprise upon arrival at the front desk. The clerk was friendly, helpful and probably one of the most pleasant hotel clerk's that I've met in a long time. After asking if this was our first visit, she took the time to explain everything from the welcome reception (bbq) that same evening to the free breakfast buffet the following morning. She let us know what was close by that might be of interest to us as well as recommending restaurants to our liking. Upon walking into our room, we immediately felt comfortable. There was a bag of popcorn waiting for us, a fully equiped kitchen and a spotless room. The layout is great with the bedroom which is separated from the living area by two french style doors. The furniture in the living area was comfortable and there is a breakfast island. The towels and the shower head alone is worth the reasonably priced rate, We were reminded by the front desk that there was a snack being served later in the evening which was nice and different from most hotels. There is a courtesy laundry room available. You just need to purchase soap. Which brings me to their convenience store. Prices are so reasonable (bottle of soda was a buck fifty) that I had to do a double take. There you can pretty much find all your needs and not spend a fortune. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty extra pillows, blankets and sheets in the closet. The next morning after reading our complimentary newspaper there was a nice breakfast served with plenty of choices. You could even make your own waffles. There were also "to go" bags provided. Nice touch. Throughout our stay, we encountered many friendly faces. Not one staff member would walk by you without a smile and a greeting. So much that my grandson asked "why is everyone so nice here?" Go figure.
The only downside and it wasn't that big a deal was the indoor pool and hot tub. The minute we walked into the pool area we could smell the chlorine and couldn't stay more than an hour without our eyes burning. Fortunately, the pool led to an outdoor patio where we could take a breather...literally.
We loved this place so much that as soon as we got home we were online checking for locations. It it had not been for Trip Advisor I would be missing out on one of the nicest hotels within a reasonable price range. Move over Hampton Inns!Recommended Highly.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Chagara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My family and I just loved this hotel. I've never stayed in a Staybridge but have stayed in other 2 bedroom hotels. The service was great, the room beautiful and they served breakfast and a light dinner, chips and soft drinks some weeknights. We saved a ton of money! We went to Dorney the first night and then the next day and the drive was about 10 minutes, a quick ride on Rt. 78 and you're there. We were a family of 5 and had plenty of room at the hotel and we also brought our dog. They gave us a room on the bottom floor which was close to an outside door which made dog walks very convenient. I really didn't want to leave!

• Liked — They allowed pets and had 2 room bedrooms..There is a charge for the pet tho'.
  • Disliked — The only think was the ped charge was a bit steep.
1 Thank Chriszeeee
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Spent 2 nights here in early July with 7 members of our family. We had two 1 bedroom suites next door to each other. The kids loved the place, everything from the hot Breakfast to the pool, to the drinks and juice available in the evening up to 8pm. (They also have something like a sandwich wrap for those needing a lite dinner.)

The rooms were clean, extra linen available for the hide-a-bed sofa, and good internet access. One suggestion: turn the icemaker on in the refer when you first get there if you use ice in drinks. The maids will probably have turned it off. Would definitely stay there again if we ever visit Dorney Park in the future.

1 Thank bcrcretire
Stillwater, NJ
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My family absolutely loved this hotel! My teenagers wanted to stay longer. The hotel offers so much for the money...it is all of the little extras that add up. Besides being very clean ( I am a fanatic) the room had a bag of microwave popcorn waiting for us. The kitchen was great and convenient. You make coffee in your room or there is coffee available 24/7. The buffet breakfast in the morning was filling...cereals, eggs, sausage,muffins, toast, waffles, fruit, etc. There was an evening snack that included a soda machine, juice, different egg rolls and salads. (this changes nightly)..there is a computer room where you can access the computer and print out free...the pool and hot tub are indoors and convenient...a basketball court...and remember to bring your laundry detergent because the washers and dryers are free! There are two gas grills, picnic tables, etc if you want to grill your meal, etc. It was a relaxing but great stay for the whole family! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — The extras and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I visit family in Allentown frequently, and stay in this place CONSTANTLY. I'm really, really pleased with the hotel and the service. They have gone out of their way to assist me on many occasions.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Having never stayed in a Staybridge Suites before, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was quite surprised at how nice the rooms were! Very well appointed, and quality touches throughout. Both of my co-workers were also very pleased, and mentioned several times how nice they thought the rooms were.
The only dissapointment was the scrambled "eggs" at breakfast. All three of us thought they were odd... very crumbly, like maybe they were from some sort of powdered egg mix? Odd because everything else was so nice, including the rest of the breakfast spread.
I will definetely be staying here next time I'm in town!

• Liked — Quality feel of the room and bedding.
  • Disliked — The scrambled eggs at breakfast!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business