“New Year's Eve”

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Just ate here for New Year's Eve and wow! I never even knew the place existed and I now have a new favorite restaurant for my wife and I. Very nice setting. Service was out of this world. Food was excellent. The only complaint, which I'm not even sure is a complaint, is that they do not appear to have a bar that you can sit at.

1  Thank Josh B

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I eat at The Bay Leaf fairly often, and we are never disappointed. The food, made with fresh delicious ingredients expertly prepared, often with a Thai accent, is delicious and beautifully presented. The ambience is lovely and the service prompt and professional. Sometimes the music is not to our taste, but it is kept at a low volume that does not discourage conversation. The menu is quite extensive and there are always daily specials. The cream of mushroom soup is out of this world, worth every calorie, and we also love the Tequila salmon appetizer. But, as I said, EVERYTHING here is yummy!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food was excellent, as always; wide selection even with the special limited holiday menu, quality is airways consistent and service superb.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been going there for more than 15 years and have never been disappointed with the food or service.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I can remember this place being open in 1983 when I worked in downtown Allentown, and even then it wasn't new. So if my memory is correct and it has been open nearly 40 years, that A) Tells you something good and B) Embarrasses me that this was my first visit! The interior is as funky as I remember the place's reputation having been, but warm and welcoming. The food was really good- I had a tremendous salad, cold and including every vegetable known to man, and then angel hair with scallops. My test of a restaurant's mettle is if they can pull off a perfect Manhattan without asking, and they did. The waiter seemed alone, with at least 8 tables and the manager could have helped him more than just sitting in the back with paperwork, but he did an admirable if rushed job! Good spot.