“Favorite Food Since 1989!”

Bay Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Asian, French, American, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pennsylvania
“Favorite Food Since 1989!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I began eating at the Bay Leaf in 1989, when we first began dating. We married in 1992 and decided that we would have our wedding dinner at the Bay Leaf. Seafood Bisque has never tasted like heaven before eating it here and I doubt anyone could concoct a soup that will ever surpass our Bay Leaf experience. The mushroom chablis soup is the only mushroom soup I will consider eating, and when I do it's like my mouth grew wings and soared to most incredible heights! Salmon and Chicken Panang is beyond word description-just orgasmic for your mouth. Chicken with Cashews, steak sate...it really doesn't matter what you order, your palate will delight in each spoon or forkful, you'll be thankful you ate here and you'll have to practice your manners by not licking the plate! We still eat at the Bay Leaf and pray it remains as good as it's been since we first discovered this most excellent eatery. 5 STARS!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Susan R

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Hidden gem in Allentown”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

It's easy to walk right by the Bay Leaf, but you shouldn't ignore this great little restaurant. They specialize in Asian cuisine and every dish I've had has been fantastic.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank 60HzMW
Quarante, France
“There Is Excellence in Consistency”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

There's an old adage: Do One Thing and Do It Well. The Bay Leaf does more than one thing but everything that the Bay Leaf does, it does well. Consistently. Without fail. The room is clean, neat and comfortable. The staff is attentive and courteous. The menu is sufficiently diverse for any taste. The price is right. Everything that comes out of the kitchen looks and tastes just as it should. Every time.

So, when people ask me about Allentown restaurants, the Bay Leaf is always on my list of recommended stops. For special occasions? Not necessarily. For consistency and price. You bet.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank iracathey
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Food is consistently delicious!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have been a fan of this restaurant for about 15 years. The food is consistently delicious, and I especially recommend the mushroom cream soup, the chicken and cashew stir fry and the lemongrass soup.

This restaurant has high standards for both food and service, and they always serve the freshest food with simple but enticing presentations. The mushroom soup is exactly the same delicious creamy meal...it would be filling enough, with a slice or two of bread, but you won't want to overlook ordering something else from this interesting Thai fusion menu. The chicken shrimp stir fry with cashews has just the right mix of veggies, spice, and fresh herbs.

I especially enjoy the filet mignon with any one of the salads. Try one with an Asian twist. They are interesting, fresh, and the dressing is always just right and not overwhelming.

Prices are quite reasonable, and the atmosphere is comfortable for those wearing jeans, business attire, or out-for-the evening outfits. Enjoy some wine...the meal is worth the leisurely stay and the dessert is delicious, but not normally needed!

• Visited October 2012
Orefield, Pennsylvania
“35 years and still perfection”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Awesome food, ambience, and service. It's a triple threat in a location where you'd least expect it. Amazing place that used to be a block from our home. We've moved twice but still go back for special occasions and always-grand experiences. A wonder!

Visited September 2012