“Much Better!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Much Better!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

HamFam was recenly bought by someone else...or maybe the staff has changes...but it is for the better! I live very close and it's my diner of choice! Lately, every time I get take-out, the order is correct. In the past, it has ALWAYS been wrong. Always. Delicious and quick.

Visited May 2014

“Average”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

After they renovated obviously the prices went up and the good wasn't as good. For a diner it's a bit pricey and you can't find the good deals like you can at other diners. I don't consider it a restaurant , it's a diner

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tried it once and will never go back”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I dined at the Ham Fam on Tuesday, November 26.
I ordered the fried calamari appetizer. After ten minutes the waitress infoemed me they were out of calimari and would I like to rder somethig else. Since she had wasted so much of my time, I opted for something fast -- a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon.
I don't know what kind of white cheese they use, but it was almost flavorless.Worse still, the bacon was underdone, not crisp and chewy.
Of the handful of potato chips on the plate, there was not a single whole potato chip -- just fragments and crumbs.
Worse still, when I went to check out the cashier asked me "Was everything all right?" to which I answered "No." No resonse. No question as to what was wrong.
I left a message to the owner Mike the next day and have yet to receive any response.
From what I can see, the Ham Fam is suffering from an absentee owner and very low morale with the employees.

1 Thank Michael M
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Poor service from waitress”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am a regular customer here at Hamilton Family Restraunt and find it a bit disturbing. The old manager Jennifer who for some reason is now a server has physically gone down hill. Her appearence is that of a bum and she is under the influence of some sort of heavy drug..my experience at Ham Fam is less than pleasing due to this working under the influence...

• Visited October 2013
“Meal from Hell”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had the worst dining experience. We waited for our meal at lease a 1/2 an hour. We ordered the stuffed chicken- with stuffing filling. We did not care for the soup choices so I chose carrots and corn. For the price of the meal it was not worth it. Such a small portion. It did not taste good at all. Wrong seasoning. Tasted terrible. The corn was so oily it looked like it was reheated several times. My boyfriend chose a deluxe cheeseburger with fries. The burger was very dry. We told the waitress about how the meal was. She still charged us full price. We will never go there again.