“Not a bad place if you can retrain the waitstaff”

Chris's Family Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 467 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Food and prices are great but waitstaff has little personality, certainly not sparkling. Granted my companion was kind of a "Five Easy Pieces" kind of a guy. The place has decent food and prices but they are not a bunch of happy campers like their competitor down the road.
Find out who is pissing off the waitstaff and fire them. Retrain.

2  Thank rattlesnake55

Reviewed January 31, 2012

i love this place,i go there for breakfast, lunch, dinner, homemade cakes and pies they sell beer , wine and even a liquor , i go there 3-4 times a week, you cant get a better diner/ restaurant than this , period........

Reviewed October 25, 2011

So my family and I stopped in a few nights ago. everyone was very polite.but there were some issues. first off the girl that sat us took our drink order and got it right away. but then we sat for a good 10 min she came back to the table and refilled our drinks and told us our server would be with us shortly. about a minute latter a older women came over and took our order. she was polite and appoligized for takeing so long it was busy and there seemed to be very few staff on i think possibly only 2 maybe 3 waitresses. and they were running around like crazy. anyway...the women tho nice was not the most hygenic (my 7 year old actually made a comment about the way she smelled) now i understand your running around ect. but it made me a lil weary. i watched as the wait staff marched out of the kitchen a few times complaining about the cook witch i dont belive then enitre resturant should know seeing as this was the food i was about to eat that they were talking about. we ordered a huge plate of cheese fries with bacon they were good but we got burgers as well and they were very under cooked. the place was nice the experiace was not

5  Thank jessica h
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went for the first time. Everyone's meal was perfect. Good clean place, great service. Couldn't have been better.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

I really likes Chris's diner. I had one or two complaints but other wise I thought the service was excellent, the food was Okay, the value was a good deal and the atmosphere was high in cleanliness. My one complaint was that when I was eating my egg and cheese omelet I found an egg shell. Also the were a few spots were there was no cheese at all. Other wise the food was good. The service was excellent and the cleanliness was amazing. With so many people who come and go and drop food or spill drinks it was really pretty amazing.

My only problem with the cleanliness was that the bathroom was not very clean. The bathroom floor was dirty. The sinks were not cleaned well. The soap handles were not clean as well. Everything about the restaurant other than that was pretty good. Every one else in my family liked their meals. The seats were very comfortable. Our waiter was on schedule and in the business. She acted very professional.

Over all the restaurant is a good place to sit back and eat a good meal. This was a fun family restaurant!!!!!!