“Very poor quality of chicken, grill marks were charred black.”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #10 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Schnecksvill, PA
“Very poor quality of chicken, grill marks were charred black.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I recently had a meal at Carrabba's. I ordered the grilled Chicken. When it arrived, the grill marks were black. It not only looked disgusting, it tasted awful, as well. The waitress took it back and would you believe, brought out another meal that looked the same way.
The manager came to our table and said because of the marinate they use this is what happens when it is grilled. I told him that was unacceptable, I did not order a meal that was described as 'blackened.' He offered me a free dessert, but I do not eat dessert at a meal.
So, I told him I was not interested.
It is now a fact that health organizations are putting out this advice. Do not eat food that has been charred when it is grilled because it causes cancer. You should not char food when you grill at home or eat charred food when you eat out.
Carrabbas really needs to fix this problem. We won't be back to their restaurants until they do!!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank 1naturegirl

New York City, New York
“Great Service”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Service was eceptional from start to finish. Great place for family get toghther as well as the menu is great. They also had som great specials.

Visited September 2012
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Really good food for a chain”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We like Italian food and there are many good Italian restaurants in the northeast that are not chains. This one is good. Our group had a variety of dishes and we all enjoyed them. Our hosts mentioned that they've never been disappointed by a meal here. Try the tiramisu for dessert, but you might want to share as it's delicious but big. I'd go here again. The service was really good. I was tempted to try their pizza and probably will on the next visit.

• Visited November 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“love the service, the wine, and the food”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

It's a chain restaurant I guess, but I really enjoy each visit and continue to return, when I'm in the area. The atmosphere is nice -- there are all sorts of nooks and alcoves. The food is just good standard Italian-American fare. Yummy.

Visited September 2012
PA
“Good food and service - but nothing special”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food is good, but not anything to write home about. The dining room can get a bit noisy, but the level varies with where you're seated.

Visited June 2012