“Make Sure You Order the Chowder!”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Ranked #71 of 461 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Southwestern
Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
“Make Sure You Order the Chowder!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wonderful homemade New England clam chowder that could be a meal itself.
If you order the chips and salsa, ask for a bowl so that you can mix the 2 salsas that are included. The mix is full of heat and vegetables.
Portions are huge - expect to take home left-overs.

Visited December 2012

“Lost the mojo”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Sunset was a favorite of ours. A place we'd go every week and spend hours with friends and family enjoying good food and drinks... not anymore.
This place has tanked. A new wait staff has ruined this place. Our waiter was the absolute worst. Not only did we get the wrong food but all he cared about was putting the check on our table. His demeanor and personality sucked to say the least.
We won't be going back for a long time. We miss the old staff.

BUTLER
“Good food, SLOOOOOW kitchen, disinterested staff”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went there with some coworkers on my first day with the company. First: The place is nice, comfortable with eclectic decor and TV's all around (not something I like but some do). The menu has a wide range of choices and I was able to find something that looked interesting, a grilled chicken salad.

The waitress took our order fairly quickly but getting the iced teas to the table took forever and we waited over half an hour for the food. The waitress only stopped by once during that time and finally one of my co-workers had to find her and ask about the food.

Once served the food was tasty.

Then it took us quite some time to get our check.

While I give them a good rating for the food, the service and slowness of the kitchen is just unacceptable.

Visited November 2012
Oceanport, New Jersey
“A Great "Find" in Pa.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I returned to the area to bring friends of tour some of the wineries in the area. At Clover Hill we were referred to the Sunset Grille for a late lunch. Upon entereing the restaurant, we were immediately greeted by our host, who later turned out to be our waiter. He was warm and welcoming and made sure that we were comfortably seated. He easily bantered a light and welcoming conversation with us and after taking our beverage order, left us adequate time to review the menus and chat. The restaurant was exceptionally clean and well lighted with abundant windows. Since it was mid-afternoon, the four of us opted to share two wraps, which order was well accepted. When our waiter returned, he had graciosuly arranged to have the wraps halved in the kitchen. This was really appreciated and sharing can be problematic and messy. I am writing this review because our server was exceptionally friendly,professional and hospitable. Unfortunately, I cannot trace his name as my brother-in-law treated us to the meal but, hopefully, the owners will recognize this server as a male blonde with glasses that served us at approximately 1:30 pm on October 14th. By the way, our wraps were outstandingly wonderful and tasty. We will definitely return here on all of our future visits. Sunset Grille, you have a great standing, just keep up the great service!

• Visited October 2012
Trexlertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Experience”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food and alcoholic drinks is pretty good, but I wish the outdoor seating could be on the other side of the restaurant - it's a little noisy.

Visited August 2012