“Wonderful middle eastern food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, Tennessee
“Wonderful middle eastern food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

What a fabulous find! The food was some of the best middle eastern fare I've sampled anywhere. The staff was super friendly, and the Arabian music rounded out the experience. Don't miss this place if you're in the Allentown area!

• Visited August 2014

Kearneysville, West Virginia
“Awesome Mediterranean food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stopped at Lazeez while traveling south on 81, looking for a tasty alternative to Subway. We definitely found it! The food here is fresh and delicious. The meat in the chicken kebab wrap was juicy and nicely charred. The tahini sauce and pickle slices complemented the meat nicely. And I appreciated that you can get a whole wheat pita instead of white. The owner and his son both came out to talk to us and make sure we were pleased with our meal. You can tell these are people who love their culture and want to share it with others. Stop in an see for yourself. And don't forget dessert. The namoora was particularly good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Truly delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

A family-owned Syrian-American restaurant with authentic and tasty food. Atmosphere is generic plastic tables but the food is amazing. Everything is made to order. We tried the grilled veggie wrap and spinach pie, the felafel and the cauliflower/tahini pita. It was all flavorful, piping hot and delicious.

The owner made a point to welcome us as first-time patrons, which we appreciated.

Two notes: Lazeez closes at 7 pm so plan accordingly. Also, try the wonderful date- filled cookies.

Visited July 2014
“Pretty good but a bit pricey for what it is”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Saw the reviews and decided to stop in with my son and daughter since we were in the area. We tried the chicken shawarma and beef shawarma. Had a side of falafel and meat pie. The shawarma were both tasty and I'd recommend them as would my kids. The falafel and meat pie was ok, not my particular favorites but that was just me as the kids seemed to think they were good. Of course the owner provided some free dessert samples which were a hit with the kids too.

As for the restaurant itself, as others have stated, its a small place in a strip mall. It's décor is plain and simple. Your not going to go here for the experience. Although the guy at the front counter is an experience in his own right. Very friendly, very positive and very nice to do business with. He also checks on you regularly after bringing out your food. What the place lacks in personality, he makes up for with his.

Price is on the high side for what you get. Menu seems a bit limited but has enough selection to satisfy all tastes. We'd go back again but we'd skip the sides and stick with the mains.

Visited July 2014
WV
“A NEW FAVORITE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Knowing that my husband and I would be traveling to Allentown, I selected this restaurant from the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I was very impressed by the friendly gentleman at the counter. I ordered two felafel wraps to go and was served in under 5 minutes with the addition of two small desserts in our bag, "on the house". My husband and I both agreed that it was a very generous portion of the best falafel that we have ever had. I am anxious to return to Allentown and will definitely revisit Lazeez.

• Visited June 2014