“A Great Day”

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
Ranked #5 of 41 things to do in Allentown
More attraction details
Owner description: Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom features two great parks for the price of one. There are more than 100 rides, shows and attractions to enjoy, including eight roller coasters, the largest collection of kids' rides in Planet Snoopy and one of the country's best-ranked water parks. Dorney Park is one of the most visited amusement parks in the United States and is the perfect combination of thrills and family fun.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Dorney Park was fantastic! Of all the things that stood out to me, perhaps the biggest thing was the over all cleanliness of the place. It was spotless! Between the water park and the thrill rides, Dorney Park has it all. For the insane thrill seekers, you may be a bit disappointed if you want to compare it to Six Flags in New Jersey. But the park is very easy to negotiate, it is immaculate, and the layout is very easy to navigate around. One big piece of advice; go after August 15, when a lot of the kids are back in school and go during the week!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

What should have been a fun day turned into a not so good time.
We arrived late afternoon because we expected that we'd stay until the park closed, which was supposed to be 10 pm.
The only thing was we didn't know that it would close in the middle of the day. This would have been okay if they had told me before I gave them my ticket, but the fact that they waited until I got into the park really annoyed me. The only feature in the Wildwater Kingdom that was open was the Wave Pool but even that shut down before 6pm. They shut down all of the adult rides in the amusement park. The only ones available were the kiddie rides and those which you had to pay an additional $2 or $3 a ride. What??
We went to the customer service counter to complain and were met by a young employee with an oh well attitude. We were given a number to call but oh course there was no answer. We stood on line with other people screaming and complaining about the park being closed. They have a no refund/ no raincheck policy even if the park closure is something they decide to do. We are currently fighting with the company through our credit card company to get this issue resolved.

Besides the rides they stated that they were putting on a fireworks show that was to start at 9pm so we decided to salvage this trip and wait to see it. Around 8:20 we begin to hear fireworks...they had started the show early...
Other negatives about the park:
1. the concession line. The workers were on super slow mode. We bought the cup that allowed you to refill all day. All we wanted were drinks but that turned into a 30 minute wait.
2. the parking lot was a huge maze which made it difficult to find a spot. And they had certain lanes blocked off for special customers that were empty.
3. Additional fees for rides which should be included in the $40
4. The storage lock fees were outrageous - $20. My suggestion is to leave your valuables at home. If you have to change, they have locker rooms to do that and you can put you're clothes back in the car (they stamp your hand so that you can go in and out of the park)

5  Thank yolialva
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was our first visit to a Cedar Fair park, but it won't be our last. The staff was good overall... a few of them were really friendly, but most of them were just doing their ''job'' and seemed bored. In any event, we had a great day and we really enjoyed the park. It was an overcast weekday with chances of thundershowers so it was not busy; we were able to park near the entrance. During the whole day, we were able to do 25 rides or more overall. Wait time was minimal, I understand that on busy and sunny days, it might be different. The park was very clean, landscaped with flowers and trees, the general upkeep was great. It's a very nice park with great roller coasters. On any day I'm sure there's still less waiting time here than at other parks in the area; Six Flags or Hersheypark. We bought our tickets online and thought it was a good value, but parking is a bit high at 15$. We got some gluten free chicken fingers and pizza and we thought it was good and priced right. I don't understand the unfavorable comments for this park from other reviewers & I don't understand why people complain about food prices either, this is an amusement park, prices will be higher than your local fast food joint or the mall food court. Don't come here on a weekend day and you will enjoy yourself. We did not do the waterpark, so we can't comment on that. Go enjoy Dorney and say ''Hi!'' to Snoopy!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our second trip to Dorney, the first time it was drizzling on and off so going to the Water side was out of the question so this time around we were able to experience both sides of the park. I got discounted tickets for me, my hubby and 4yr old son and purchased the Beverage Container with free refills the whole day. This is the only park I've been to that I have to pay $6 to process the online tickets. This is a very expensive outing factoring the cost for parking, food at ridiculous price and locker rental and your deposit is returned to you as a voucher which is another trick to entice you to spend more in the park. We started with the wet side first as the weather called for a good weather and since it closes earlier than the dry area. The water side seemed more crowded especially the wave pool as they closed off one side of this pool and the pool was not as clean as the other parks I've been to. They prohibit people from walking while you are in the lazy river. I don't see the issue of walking as it just happened my floater tipped over and I was waiting for the chance to get back on it but was reprimanded for doing walking. The park seemed understaffed and the kids area was only manned by 1 person who kept going around in circles to oversee this specific area. As with understaffing case, complete oversight was impossible as no 1 person can oversee both sides of each ride/attraction. In effect, safety is compromised. I have repeatedly witnessed unruly and unsupervised children in the area going up the slides from the bottom going up while the children go down slide, unable to avoid the unexpected intruder, causing a hurtful collision. As a parent, safety is very important to me and I have gently reminded these children to be careful to avoid anyone getting hurt but I have witnessed the same child over and over again and wondered why his parent was never informed to supervise her child by the staff who's supposed to be overseeing the area. I cautioned my son to avoid this child at all cost but this child seemed to cross paths with my son and as such collided with my son causing a bump in his forehead. Only, then did the staff informed the parent to keep an eye on his child. The lack of concern and empathy from the staff was unbelievable and doesn't seemed to care what happened to my son. I asked for an ice pack to reduce the swelling and I was told that he doesn't have one and that I need to take him to the First Aid office if I need it. Do I really to need to shut I will sue you for letting my son got hurt for lack of oversight. Wow, I was mad that I have to fend for myself to find ice for my son. I just want to get out of there so fast and proceeded to go to the bathroom to shower and change. The bathroom was so disgusting and filthy. I was so scared of touching any part of the curtains and walls due to excessive mold problem. I have never taken a shower as fast as the time I spent there, not to mention the nasty toilets. I couldn't use it as I was about to throw up from filth and mold. How can anyone stand it, is beyond me. The park's saving grace is the Dry part of the Park. There are plenty of rides for my son and there are no long wait. The rides are adequately staffed and safety protocols are followed. I could see the difference in attitude with the staff here as compared to the wet area. Everyone I've come across were extremely friendly and patient with the children. We were greeted with each time and was pleasantly bid to enjoy the ride or have a good day. I can feel the sincerity in their warm smiles. I don't understand the discrepancy in the way the staff were trained in terms of relating to guests. But if it weren't for the Dry part, I would not consider going back here. If asked again, I would go back just for the Dry part but never again in the Wet Part.

3  Thank MRGN75
Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you purchased a season pass you easily get what you pay for, from May until Oct. You get free parking and admission to both parks, you just can't go wrong. There is something for everyone, You have to look around for the deals but if you plan on making return trips def suggest the .99 refill cup. If you look around you can find games to play for only $2.00 bucks ( like the water pistol game by the tilt o world). Food is pricey. May I say, we often eat outside then have dessert in the park. Who doesn't love a dippin' dot or funnel cake? :) I personally think their best deal souvenirs are the air brushed t-shirts. You get what you want and it is something that will last more than a week.
If you cannot afford a season pass check when their customer appreciation day is, admission is $20. That is the bargain of the season! If you just want a getaway and let the kids let off some steam this is the place to do it!! They'll all be napping on the ride home if they are young one or tweeting on their phones about what a great time they had if they are teens.