“What happened?”

Titled Kilt
Ranked #245 of 467 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have to start by saying that I have been there 2 times prior to going yesterday, Veterans day. I was celebrating my son's 23 birthday and he has never been there. I thought based upon my 2 previous visits that this would be great. Well I could never have been so wrong! Our visit started with a welcome from the hostess which made us feel that we would enjoy our visit.

We were seated at a table that was for a much larger party, we had a party of 5 so this gave us plenty of room. After we were seated the waitress came over and introduced herself. I immediately asked if one of the 3 TVs that were in the area of us could be switched to the Baltimore Ravens vs Oakland Raiders game. She said that she would ask the manager and took our drink order. I have to point out that the waitress made it seem like we were an inconvenience to her. She then brought our drink order and we followed up on our request for the Ravens vs Raiders game and she stated that they could not do this.

Well, as I remember on the website, they advertise that they would be carrying this game. As it turns out they had only 3 games on in the whole place. They advertise that they carry all the NFL games.

Well, I then asked for the manager and our check. Well the manager (Ray?) said the "box" does not accomodate anymore than 3 different channels. So we got up and we going to find another establishment to watch the game. As we were leaving I stopped by to inform Ray that we did not drink a sip out of any of the drinks when the waitress yells you can't leave you owe me money. The manager turns and grabs the check out of here hand and yelled "I got it".

Let me point out, as a Veteran on Veterans Day, I could of went many other places that offer a free meal to Veterans on Veterans day but I chose not to. I came here thinking that I have been here twice before and I had great service and the food was also good.

However, I am the type of person that goes out to enjoy myself and to me that starts with great service. Unfortunately after this visit I don't know if I will return. This was totally unacceptable.

6  Thank cgrsmkn

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Went here for business lunch with some co-workers. Burgers are good, Fish and Chips is good. You have to get the Onion rings, they are absolutely excellent. My take on this restaurant is a Hooters-style but with food you can actually eat/like. Great place to go with guys. Will go back again to have a beer (they do have some craft ales). Service was a little slow for lunch time, but there is enough to look at to keep you occupied.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The food is ok, yet overpriced. The service was fair. Our food took too long to come out because the waitress was too busy talking to other tables and each other.

4  Thank Hypedup86
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I did not know what to expect when visiting this establishment other than friends saying it was good and we had to go there for wings. Upon entering you are greeted by high school/ very early college aged hostesses in kilts and rolled up shirts... which is what your waitress wears as well. So if scantily clad women is what you like, then this is the place for you.

Aside from that... the idea here is to tell you about the food & drink. I was highly disappointed. The wings I ordered were their speciality and lacked flavor. There was not enough sauce, they were small, and over priced. The beverages were overpriced too and even though I was set on getting a second round, it seemed the waitress had forgotten about our table and was too engrossed in conversation with her high school boyfriends at another table.

In the hopes of proving myself wrong and assuming I had just hit the restaurant on a bad night, I visited again and had a similar experience. Needless to say I was disappointed as the restaurant did not live up to my expectations. I did write a kind letter to restaurant explaining what had happened but never received any response... which again is a bit of a disappointment. I was not looking for anything in return other than a thank you and that they will make an effort to improve service.

All that being said... I did not find this place special. They unquestionably cater to men even though I saw a few families in there. I would not recommend this restaurant for families with young children. Maybe I was unlucky... but if you have options to go elsewhere I would.

4  Thank Moonrover2004
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Go here for TV watching, and not for the food. Found the Tilted Kilt when we were looking for a quick place to eat fairly close to the interstate. There weren't many choices late at night, and we ended up here although we are not usually sports bar fans. The Tilted Kilt is a huge sports bar, and the waitresses are dressed in very short kilts with push up bras. Not much atmosphere, and the food is average, and pretty much what you would expect. Service was average. Waitress was clearly disappointed when we didn't order alcohol . . .

2  Thank RichmondShirley