“completely accommodating!”

Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Allentown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
California, Maryland
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here overnight while visiting friends in Allentown, PA. Front desk staff was very cordial and extremely helpful. Engaged me in a conversation about my Navy career when the saw my U.S. Navy Retired hat. I found the hotel to be very clean. I would say that the only unpleasant thing I found was the chlorine odor because the pool is indoor on the first floor. It's the first thing you smell when you walk in the hotel. The breakfast this morning was absolutely great. far better than most hotels that I've stayed at and it was kept stocked the entire time it was open. It lacked nothing. Would I saty again . . . absolutely!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel. There's a lot of traffic noise in the front of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hughesjm
thoover, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Allentown, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for choosing the Allentown Wingate by Wyndham. We take great pride in serving our Veterans. I was delighted to read that we exceeded all your expectations for the hotel. Our entire staff works very hard to make each guest feel comfortable and satisfied. It's wonderful to realize their hard work is being appreciated. We value your opinion and to read your compliments encourages us to maintain our high standards of excellence. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and hope you choose us again if you travel back to Allentown.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel was the farthest thing from pleasant.
My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few days, and these are some things we noticed/experienced:
Ants on the table of the indoor pool
Mold around the shower
Bad food selection
Carpets had stains
Food did not taste good
Whole hotel smelled musty and humid
Lighting was dark
Furniture was dusty
Air conditioner/heater let out foul stench, and did not work well
Room was not vacuumed
Unknown hair and stains on linens
Poor wifi strength
Unhelpful, careless, and unfriendly staff!!!!
Lack of toiletries
Curtains were stained
Food crumbs everywhere
Flies on stairwell
Elevator door did not open (My husband had to pry it open with his hands.)
We asked the front desk for new bed linens, and they gave us new ones… which still had unknown hairs and stains on them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank michelle s
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Wingate by Wyndham. I appreciate you taking the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. We really appreciate the constructive criticism. We are aware of the issues and under new management. We are working on fixing the issues mentioned in your complaint. I would like for you to contact us at the hotel so we can refund your money for your stay for your inconvience, We appreciate your patronage. Hopefully you will change your mind about us and stay with us again. Thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham.
Stockertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love that I get the hospital rate, I stay there whenever the weather gets bad and I'm worried I won't get to work. This is the second time the room was not clean. The toilet seat needed cleaning and the one bed was disheveled. :(

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Kathy K
thoover, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Allentown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the Allentown Wingate by Wyndham. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. My hope is that your will allow us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your feedback so we know how to fix the problems.