“Dirty and will never go back”

Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family spent July 1-3 at the Wingate in Allentown, PA. While the personnel at the front desk were friendly and helpful with giving directions and answering questions, the room was dirty. There were crumbs on the carpet along the base of the walls, dirt smeared on the walls, a poorly cleaned toilet and food remains on the floor under the bedskirt. There were also tiny bugs in the bathroom that had wings and looked like miniture beetles. When I complained to the person on duty at the desk, he gave me a blank look and said "Well that's not good". He did not apologize, nor did he offer to have someone come to the room and remedy the problems. On the upside, the breakfast wasn't bad, but the two waffle irons could not accommodate the approximately 30 people wanting to use them. I was with a group and did not book this hotel. I will never return.

Room Tip: Book the Hilton Garden Inn in Breiningsville, PA.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sprtsmom

Reviewed July 2, 2011

I highly recommend this Hotel for many reasons.Most important, It is extremely clean. The entire staff were so friendly. It is about 1 mile from Dorney. The breakfast was alot more than expected. (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, cereal, yogurt & much more). This saved us alot of money. Coffee and Hot chocolate available 24 hrs. We had 3 rooms at the Hotel. Had a microwave and frig in the rooms. The pool was nice. The kids enjoyed it. I am already planning our stay for next year. We had an awesome trip overall. Dorney was so clean as well. You have to see the "Snoopy on ice" show. It was great.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank catrine111
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The hotel was neat and clean and the staff was extremely honest. I left my new camera in my room when I checked out. The staff found the camera And called me to let me know it was there. They saved my day!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank lablady1
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stay here all the time when my family comes to move me in and out of Muhlenberg College which is only a few minutes away. The rooms are always sparkling clean, the staff is really nice, the beds are comfy, and the free breakfast is really good. It's great for the money and in a great location near the college, dorney, etc. I've never had a bad stay.

2  Thank disney27
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Had a wonderful experience at family gathering for my father's 90th birthday party. Family arrived at all times of day and night from all over the East Coast. All had positive experience with front desk.
Even though very busy, staff kept up with providing complimentary hot breakfast to full hotel.
Enjoyed pool and hot tub. Didn't use the fitness room.
The guest rooms were large w/ fridge and microwave. My family enjoyed two adjoining bedrooms.
Christine, the Sales Manager, was a pleasure to work with in setting up a super group rate and handling reservations.Everyone was impressed with the friendly staff; will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Kids loved Dorney Park & view of fireworks
2  Thank TJMcE
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because of the area & a FREE stay with the rewards. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, AC was cold in the 98 degree weather & a very comfy beds. I woluld definitely stay there again. They should updates the pics of the hotel on their website, rooms are definitely better looking than the pictures = )

Room Tip: You should give it a try!
1  Thank yiobellina
thoover, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank your for taking the time to share your opinions during your stay. How great to read all the positive remarks about your stay! While we are always receptive to any constructive criticism, we are also please to hear from our satisfied guests. It is surprising how few people will take the time to express appreciation for a job well done. The entire staff also asks that I extend their thanks to you also.

I was delighted to read that we exceeded all your expectations for the hotel. Our entire staff works very hard to make each guest feel comfortable and satisfied; it’s wonderful to realize that their hard work is being appreciated. We value your opinion and to read your compliments encourages us to maintain our high standards of excellence.

It was our pleasure to have been of service to you. We sincerely value your patronage and hope you choose to stay with us if you travel to the area again. If you have any further questions or comments please contact me directly 610.366.1600.

Theresa Hoover Seibert

Reviewed May 28, 2011

It's an ok place near a regional amusement park. If you're heading to Dorney Park, this isn't a bad place to stay, though you can't walk from here and save on the Park's ridiculous parking fees. You'll be in good company if you and your kids are here. I wasn't here for that purpose and I just LOVE kids, so this wouldn't be my first choice if there had been better properties in the area. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and the front staff were professionally polite and so forth. I would recommend it to the child-rearing and the child-friendly all year, and to the rest of us outside of Dorney park season.

Pros: front counter staff; always-acceptable Wingate breakfast; all the equipment in the exercise room was in working order; the bed was comfortable; the windows and exterior walls are in good enough shape that I didn't pick up a lot of highway and parking lot noise; and, good location (if a bit easy to miss) near major thoroughfares and (ugh) Dorney park.

Cons: Bebe's Kids, their "chaperones", uncles, cousins, etc.; unless you bring your own cable, kinda-weak wifi is all you're getting (unlike other Wingates, there is no cable between the wall and the powerstrip/port - they've all been stolen, per the front desk); food and other things are not accessible without getting back in your car; this place could use a little more cleaning in certain spots (some scuffing, the exercise room ceiling, some carpet spots); the doors aren't the best, so my room right off the 4th floor elevator lobby picked up some noise.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Djibuddha
thoover, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Thank your for taking the time to share your opinions about your stay. How great to read all the positive remarks about your stay! While we are always receptive to any constructive criticism, we are also please to hear from our satisfied guests. It is surprising how few people will take the time to express appreciation for a job well done. The entire staff also asks that I extend their thanks to you also.

Theresa Hoover-Seibert