“Clean and Beautiful Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed September 8, 2010

When I first arrived at the hotel I wasn't anticipating it being located in such a busy area. To get to the entrance you have to go down the street a little ways because the street is divided by a guard rail. The room was beautiful and clean. It included tv, fridge, and microwave. If you book through travelocity you can stay here for about $100 if you prepay. The staff is courteous and friendly even giving me directions to the Allentown Fairgrounds. The breakfast isn't included in the price but it's definitely worth the $8.95. There's a variety to choose from and it's absolutely delicious. I would definitely stay here again. There is also a variety of restaurants close by (Red Robin is right next door!)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank worldtraveler9857

Reviewed August 4, 2010

As with many Hilton brands, it's a nice hotel but it's starting to show some wear and tear. I stay here often at least 3 times/month

Staff: One or two of the front desk folks is genuinely friendly and pleasant. The rest are real polite but I wouldn't count on them to go out of their way to go the extra mile for you. No one has ever been rude. The biggest pain is that sometimes I have to insist for the kind size instead of the dbls even though I'm platinum; after flying in and working all day the last thing I want to do is haggle for the room I want.

Rooms: Bed is ok but not as nice as a Double Tree or Marriott. About an 8 on the cleanliness scale. Sometimes I find hairs here and there. Rooms all have microwaves and fridges. Walls are thin. If you get a room facing the back it can get noisy because of a distribution center on the other side of the fence and these guys start banging trucks around 4 am. It sucks because I like to sleep with the windows open.

The TV pisses me off. when you turn it on the volume is full blast. An issue at every Hilton hotel I stay at.

Breakfast; Made to order and good, I get it for free but I certainly wouldn't pay for it. One of the waitresses means well but gets on my nerves because she keeps on asking if I need anything else. I like to be left alone when eating.

Gym: It sucks one or two treadmills so I don't even bother

Other: Red Robin next door and a restuarant/pub that I never tried. Waffle house nearby as well as a strip mall across the street

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Jafo19D
HGIABA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a commit. I want you to know that I take your concerns very seriously. If you don't mind I would like to know who you are so I can make sure we get your room preference according to your profile and set it up properly before you arrive, I will make sure you are in a king room and on non trucking side and the room is clean. I am working on fixing the TV problem. I am confused on the GYM, we updated our room with all new Precor fitness equipment per Hilton Garden Inn standards. We have 3 treadmills with TV's on them. I strive for customer satisfaction, I have only been the General Manager here is January but our satisfaction score have gone up 9% and I will address your concerns with my Front Desk and Breakfast staffs. Again I am sorry for not giving you what you should expect from my hotel. Please contact be before you are due in next time so we can start to make that happen.

Kindest Regards

Direct: 484-245-0401
Fax: 610-443-1419
Email: mark.raphun@hilton.com

Reviewed June 1, 2010

My wife and I spent the nights of May 28 – 30, 2010, at this hotel because the location was nearby to a good variety of restaurants and entertainment (movies, mall, etc). My wife and I are visiting all of the commercial caves in Pennsylvania. The Lost River is just a few miles south in Hellertown and Crystal Cave is less than 20 miles away, near Kutztown. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The pool and hot tub were kept very clean as well. The hotel provides on-premise breakfast, including made-to-order omelets, pancakes and waffles. The price is a bit steep compared to the local Waffle House (just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel), about $10 (nearly twice that for the same at the Waffle House). Overall, the hotel lives up to the above average quality of Hilton family of hotels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrzj-traveler
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Stayed at the HGI Allentown Airport last weekend and it was a super choice. Nice property in a good location. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and we had no issues at all. Highly recommend and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank fbce11
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Overall this is in above average hotel with friendly employees and staff. Rooms are very clean with the only exception being that they did not change the cases on our pillows from one night to the next. I know this because my daughter made a stain with some candy on one of the pillows and the stained pillow case remained there for our second night of our stay. It makes me wonder how often the change the pillow cases. The only other complaint would be with the breakfast that you must pay $10 per person for unless you've HH comp. for it. The person making the food was overwelmed by the amount of people and could not keep his orders straight. After waiting 45 minutes for 2 omelettes he finally brought out 1 omelette. I am still waiting for my daughter's omelette. The food was made mediocre at best. Many people there were very mad along with myself. Fortunately they didn't bother to ask anybody to pay because they knew how out of control it had gotten. Other than these 2 negatives this was a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TeeCee11
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We have stayed at the HGI numerous times over the last several years. The staff is very helpful. The accessible room we usually get is large and very clean. We do not have to pay for the buffet because we are at the Diamond level of Hilton Honors. The buffet is very good. My wife usually has a cheese omelet. She compares cheese omelets at other locations to those at this hotel and the other ones do not measure up. The breakfast staff are always very helpful to my wife who is in a wheel chair. The room price varies considerable during the year. I would view the cost as very good some times and as rather pricey other times, depending on what is going on in Allentown at the time

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MagillaLS
Reviewed January 26, 2009

The hotel itself, was beautiful. Our room was clean, and very pleasant, however there were some minor problems...

1. The "Free" Continental Breakfast advertised on Orbitz is actually $8.99 for the full buffet, or, if you only get one item, you get harrassed by the wait staff wanting to know what else you're getting so that they can get the bill to you before you go back to your room. The buffet itself wasn't worth $5.99, let alone $8! I still can't believe my husband paid $3.18 for a waffle that he not only had to make himself, but that he had to carry to the table himself. Oh, the wait staff also expected a tip.

2. We were given a handicapped room... though we're both young, healthy, and upright. No biggie. At least until the teenagers checked in next door on Saturday night and thought it would be fun to ring our doorbell every few minutes. No reason we should have gotten that room, the hotel was barely at half capacity based on the parking lot. And WHY did we even have a doorbell???????? But, security took care of that issue quite promptly, I'm happy to say.

3. The hot tub was not in operation (no water in it), and even if it was, we wouldn't have used it, because the pool area was swarming with small screaming children. Ugh!

For just a getaway, which is what we were there for, I'd recommend, because it's clean, and the staff was quick to accomodate when I complained about the bell ringing. But they really need to either make breakfast free, as I'm accustomed to it being at most hotels, or do away with it altogether, because the way it was - it's just downright offensive.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Renaissance Allentown Hotel
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#4 of 14 in Bethlehem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport? Share your experiences!