“Clean hotel, ok stay”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Clean hotel, ok stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a nice hotel. Room was very clean. When we checked-in we were told there only King rooms left and there were 3 of us traveling. The girl at the front desk said she could get us a roll away bed for the 3rd person so we decided to stay. We were told housekeeping would bring the bed right up. We waited awhile then decided to go out to eat at the restaurant next door, I called down and the man who answered the phone said he would check on it and they would leave the bed just inside the door. When we returned from dinner still no bed. I called again and was told that there were no roll away beds left, but there had been a cancellation and they had a room with 2 beds if we would like to move. We agreed and went downstairs to change the rooms. The manager Rick Benitz was very nice about everything and apologized about the mix up and gave us vouchers for a free breakfast. Room was clean and beds were comfortable.

1 Thank fkr123
HGIABA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank You so much for the feedback. I completely agree if you ask for something we should have taken it to your room asap!! I am glad that the Manager on Duty took care of you but I am sorry that it wasnt handle the way it should have been.I will make sure I go over this with my Front Desk Staff We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Allentown/Bethlehem!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Other than it's location to the aiport, nice and close. There is not allot to say. No resturant and very loud. Truck traffic was absured. The hotel uses the Red Robin Rest. next door as their "hotel rest." I'm not a fan of the chain and I had no car, so I went without dinner. Not that that is ever a problem! I wouldn't rush back. Next time I might look into the Staybridge Suites next door.

Room Tip: Avoid room 118.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HGIABA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
My property offers a complimentary shuttle to take our guests within 5 miles of the hotel. Did my Front Desk tell you this information at checkin? If not, I will rectify this immediately with my staff. it should have been relayed to you that if Red Robin was not a choice for you, that we could have taken you to other restaurants in the area. Also, we were just approved to start having lunch and dinner in the coming months and we are excited for this oppurtunity to engage more with our guests. I do thank you for your business and patronage and hope to see you in the near future.
Jupiter, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

on my reservation I asked for a room facing the highway vs the rear of the hotel where I read that the tractor trailors coming in at night can be loud. I also asked for a higher floor. At check-in she gave me a room on the 2nd floor and told me it was room facing the highway and this was the highest floor I could get. I get to my room and it faces the tractor trailors! Grrr. Called and they brought me room keys to the third floor (funny she told me she didn't have any higher floors available) and the room faced the highway. Ok good! I asked for a cot...it was brought to me and my todller slept on it the first night. Well it was a new cot with plastic still wrapped around the mattress. I listened to her crinkle every time she moved (which is A LOT when they are 3 years old). Asked the next day if they could remove the plastic - they said no problem. Got to my room at 9:30pm and the plastic was still in tact no note, no visit to my room, nothing! I ripped the plastic off and took it to the front desk. They told me the GM said they wanted it to stay on since it was a new mattress? Really?? Who would want to sleep on plastic?? Do you make your guests in queen and king beds sleep on plastic? The Homewood Suites in 2 different locations didn't have plastic on their cots and the matress was nicer quality! Anyway it would have been nice to have had some communication as to why the plastic was still on the matress when I got to my room that night. Communication is key to your sucess!

Room Tip: Room facing highway is better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HGIABA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank You so much for the feedback. I am sorry that you feel like the hotel did not communicate with you, we had just purchased 10 new cots and wanted to protect them by having a plastic cover on them plus a mattress pad on top, where we understand it may cause some noise, we are trying to make sure that the bed is kept like new and clean for every guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Allentown/Bethlehem!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I've stayed here many times and I am always impressed. Stay here. You will definitely get your money's worth.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Brianna220
Thank You so much for the feedback. We are so please you enjoyed your whole trip with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Allentown/Bethlehem!
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had a frustrating experience with the Hilton Garden Inn in Allentown, PA. I called the day of my check in to confirm my reservation. I spoke to the manager who was on duty at the time. I clearly said that I will be checking in later than 3p and to not cancel my reservation. He assured me that it will not be cancelled. I called again a few minutes later as I had another question. This time a woman picks up the phone. I gave her my reservation number. She mentioned that my reservation was cancelled so she created a new one. Now I had two reservation numbers. I was surely frustrated. I asked to speak with the manager. He then mentioned that it was a miscommunication from the woman and that my reservation was never cancelled. (When in fact, it was, because he mistakenly cancelled it, but didn't hesitate to lie about it and blamed it on his co-worker). In addition to that, I was really looking forward to relaxing in the jacuzzi. However it was bombarded with teenagers and younger kids who were screaming and shouting the entire time. It felt like I was in a zoo. Lastly, I was billed twice in my account! What a horrible experience I had with this hotel. Never again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank You so much for the feedback. I completely agree with you on how we handled your reservation, this is a training for me to go over with my Front Desk Managers. I have all ready addressed it with both of them and I know they have been in touch with you to make it right, again I am truly sorry we made this mistake. As far as use of the hotel goes, I am sure you can understand that we are a public hotel and we get teams in from time to time, we do our best to make sure noise is kept down and have a quite hour of 11pm put in place, additional we have the teams sign code of conducts and have ask several noisy guest to leave the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Allentown/Bethlehem!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fairly typical for a Hilton Garden Inn. One thing that stands out is that they charge for breakfast.

The comparable hotels in the area generally do not. It wouldn't be worth making mention of except that their breakfast offering is not stellar and I've stayed at lower end hotels for a lower price and received a better breakfast.

Sharing a parking lot with Red Robin makes dining for lunch or dinner very efficient.

• Stayed June 2013
HGIABA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank You so much for the feedback. I am sorry that you were expecting a free breakfast. All Hilton Garden Inns charge for their breakfast, it is a brand standard, unless you are a HH gold or Diamond member. We have a full cook to order breakfast experience, our trained cooks can get you anything that you wish. Staying with another chain hotel you will get a breakfast however it will not be the same quality of food or experience. Again I am sorry that you were expecting a free breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Allentown/Bethlehem!
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I booked my room online a little while before deciding to stop. Great bargain, too, at $70 for the night. However, when I arrived to check-in, the desk agent told me that the computer had made a mistake and that we would actually be charged $139 for the night.

This was unacceptable, and we finally encouraged her to honor the advertised price and everything else after that was great, just like you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank You so much for the feedback. I completely agree you book your room we need to honor the rate that is with your reservation. I will make sure I go over this with my Front Desk Staff We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Allentown/Bethlehem!