“Clean and Comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel was located close to the interstate and had easy access to lots of shops and restaurants. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Each room has a refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave. The people at the front desk were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GAM01
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback on our property!

Glad to hear our staff was efficient and friendly during your stay with us. Please come back and visit us at any time!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to iron pigs game and this was a PERFECT location. The breakfast "buffet" is not really a buffet (wait staff must take order & serve you) and for $9 I expect better service. The space is small, service slow, and there is a Denny's and Waffle House just moments away.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank 123abc456de
Reviewed August 26, 2012

there aren't greater hotels than inns in the area and the HGI offered the hot breakfast so that's why I chose it. It is conveniently located just off the highway and there are a few quick shops nearby for basic needs. The rooms itself were ok, they had a mini fridge and coffee maker. the beds I think could have been a bit more comfy and the bathrooms were clean but could benefit from an upgrade. Ohh, for some strange reason our room was not cleaned up after our first night, but quite frankly we were to tired and in a hury we didn't waste time to compain. The staff at the front desk were great but the waiters at breakfast one day the lady was very attentive, the next day the other lady was terrible, we had to be asking and asking and waiting and waiting to get served. The breakfast buffet offers alot from fruit to cereals, pastries, eggs (cooked to order) and waffles, to name a few things.

Room Tip: ohh, very important, our room was facing some type of shipping/distributing company and their trucks...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MV05
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on our property! We greatly appreciate it.

Sorry to hear the bed was a bit uncomfortable - if you request a King in the future, you are able to adjust the softness or firmness of the bedding to just the you like.

Also, our apologies on the room not being cleaned up - from time to time some guests leave Do Not Disturbs on their doors & do not realize, we adhere to guest privacy and do not enter the room if this is the case. Further, part of our new initiative at Hilton Garden Inn to stay 'green' we wash the hand/body towels, along with the sheets every 3rd day you are in house. This cuts down on water use and detergent use.

You will also be happy to know our Lobby will be undergoing renovations this Fall, followed by our guestrooms mid- 2013! Please come back to visit us again & check out our new look.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent here just one night, on the way to NY City. The room was very clean, the hotel staff nice. The breakfast was delicious - according to my 10 years old son, much better than at the famous Hilton Chicago. Overall, we were very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mirkoc18
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Great to hear that you had a fabulous experience with us!

Thank you for giving us such positive feedback & let your son know, he is welcome to have breakfast any time!

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I say nice property this time because I was once on the third floor and half the floor was smoking and half non-smoking. Staff was very kind and efficient. No restaurant onsite but a Red Robin next door which provides room service (I think). Great cooked to order breakfast. The only downside was a shower nozzle which was loose and could not be adjusted so the spray could not be directed.

Room Tip: If you are smoke adverse stay away from the 3rd floor which may still have a smoking wing and non-sm...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TrekRef
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for leaving feedback on our property.

Our apologies regarding the shower nozzle - we have researched your stay information & will make sure we attend to the shower nozzle immediately, as it should be an easy fix.

Unfortunately, our brand does require us to still keep 10% of our hotel smoking. Thus, our 4th floor has 10 smoking rooms on it. We do our very best to keep other guests from having to experience the smoke smell, so again, our apologies that you had that unpleasant experience one time that you stayed with us.
In the future, if you request a lower floor, we would be happy to adhere to your guest request and accommodate you appropiately.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Excellent service. Provided all shuttles to me free of charge, and all hours of the day and night. Great location and have everything you need in the hotel, or just next door/accross the street. Super great breakfast buffet, though not free, it is better than many of the so called free breakfasts at other hotels I have stayed at. Also, had breakfast to take back to my room, and was plated and covered and provided to me on a nice tray, with extra iced teas. Server was excellent in breakfast, Carrie? was my breakfast server.

Front desk help from Grace and Heather was superb. They really go out of the way to help you, and make sure you have anything you need. Though no bar onsite, you can walk twenty feet to Red Robin, or thirty feet to another restaurant bar. Many bars close to hotel, and the new Sands Casino is only 7 miles away, while off track betting is 500 yards down the main street. I will always stay at this location when back in Allentown for business.

Room Tip: Ask for front of hotel facing the main street, upper floors, away from ice machines or elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Keith R

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our property! We truly appreciate the comments!

Kari, our breakfast server is a doll - we are so glad you enjoyed her, along with our Front Desk agents customer service!

You will be happy to know a bar is in the plans to add to our lobby during our renovations this fall! We are super excited to provide this service for our guests.

Thanks so much again - we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I always stay at Hilton Garden Inns when I travel on business. I stayed at this one and was surprised it was not like the others. The rooms were the same, however, there was no restaurant or bar in the lobby. The "hot" breakfast was buffet and not cooked to order. And the " bar" was purchasing individual bottles of wine or beer and taking it to your room. Very disappointing. There was a Red Robin next door but their menu was limited to sandwiches. There was pick up service to/from the airport which was very nice. Only when I was driving back was I told that the hotel would also take me to other restaurants that were very close by!! Too late! MOST disappointing was the service! I called the first night and told the front desk that my TV volume was not working and asked them to look at it the next day. NOT DONE. I also told them the next morning that my bathtub was not draining. I took a shower in bath water ankle deep. NOT TAKEN CARE OF! I also asked for a wake up call at 4:15 am the last morning in case my phone did not work and NO CALL!! I would have misssed my flight! Service at this hotel was extremely poor. I may look at other options for my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank klmtennis
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

THANK YOU for your feedback on our property - we greatly appreciate you reviewing us & giving your honest opinion. As, we do strive to meet every guest needs.

Just to touch on a few items you mentioned: Our Buffet Breakfast IS a HOT buffet. When you were up at the buffet - if you looked to your left you would notice our chef station, making omeletes, waffles, pancakes, french toast and basically anything else our guests order.
As for the BAR, ALL Hilton Garden Inn's are structured differently. With TWO restaurants located right in our parking lot, with bars, happy hour specials, etc, Hilton decided to allow us to sell beer/wine indiviually, along with utilizing RED ROBIN as our room service, since it was not condusive to also run a restaurant out of the hotel.

Our apologies regarding the television, however, whenever we receive a guest concern, we ALWAYS make to it that we check in to the issue. I can assure you that maintenance went to your room and did what ever they could to rectify the concern. In the future, please let us know if our efforts on fixing your equipment were not to your satisfaction.

Additionally, I inquired about your wake-up call - we will be contacting you for further information.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Please remember Hilton Garden Inn's, much like all other brands differ from property to property. We adapt to our surroundings and look to service our guests the best we can.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
3 mi away
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#4 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport? Share your experiences!