“Clean hotel, great staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
gorgeous hudson valley
“Clean hotel, great staff!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We had a one night stay here last month. The hotel is located just off the Interstate and also located on a Highway. There are malls around the locations as well as independent restaurants and stores. We attended a Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs baseball game and unless it was because it was a weekend game, the stadium was packed, standing room only! The Ballpark was only a 5 minute drive to/from the hotel.
Rooms at a Hilton Garden Inn are great. A fridge and microwave in the room is always welcomed. Bed was just a comfy as could be. Bathroom--all facilities in great working order. Our room faced a Trucking 'distribution' center. Didn't hear any noise while we were there, but we were there on a weekend, so that may be why. The other side of the hotel faced the malls/highway.
We ate at a great Mexican restaurant located in a strip mall just about 2 miles away. Home made tortillas, great margarita's too! There is a restaurant near the restaurant but we got there too late for dinner.
All in all, the stay was great.....breakfast was another story. Please HGI, find another way to set up the breakfast area. Although there is a buffet, you are served by the cook, who in between trying to scoop out eggs and bacon, also has to cook pancakes, waffles, and eggs.......the line went from the buffet area to the juice area, it was somewhat tough to squeeze between people to get toast, yogurt, etc....there has got to be a better way.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2toots

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
NYC/NJ
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We initially stayed here in Dec 2010 and it was so good we stayed about 4 more times (last stay was March 2011)! The location was excellent with lots of dining options and large stores nearby. Only a few minutes drive to Bethlehem. Has a swimming pool, jacuzzi tub, great breakfast and we enjoyed the free coffee & cookies in the foyer each day. Rooms were clean and well maintained but duvets were lumpy which looked strange but they were still comfortable. The staff are awesome. Very friendly and helpful. We loved it!

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank yourtravelchick
New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We stayed here because we were leaving from the Allentown Airport on an early flight the next morning. We were able to leave our car for the week with prompt hotel shuttle service to the airport.

The staff was friendly, the hotel was very clean and modern. The room was perfect and we did not even start to utilize all the great things this hotel offered.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chavelle
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We had in initial problem with getting the correct room, but the front desk clerk James and the manager Fred went WAY out of their way to solve our issue and make us happy. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jklunk
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Stayed the night of march 17th the front office manager and another gentleman checked me in. they were polite and beyond respectful. The manager made me feel like i was a regular and the other gentleman was just as good. I think there names were fred and jim. my room was very clean the breakfast was great and all the staff was good as well.Thank you for making my stay the best stay ive ever had. I wish my company did more business in this area thank you guys

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jburnsman
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Always like to stay at Hilton Garden Inn because of the OUTSTANDING desk chair. Very comfortable and as a business traveler it is much appreciated. Frankly it’s the most comfortable desk chair I have ever experienced at any hotel.

I arrived at the hotel and had an efficient and friendly check in. The lobby is bright, well designed and tastefully decorated. Arrived at my room and entered. Room was equipped with working refrigerator and microwave. Further inspection of the room showed it to be clean and neat. Inspection of the bathroom again showed cleanliness and it was well stocked with towels.

The bed linens were clean as was the comforter and the bed comfortable. Had no issues with the room or the staff. Wireless internet was very fast. TV was standard definition with 88 channels.

2 small drawbacks to this hotel:

1. The back of the building faces a truck terminal. I was disturbed several times by trucks entering, exiting and dropping trailers during the night.

2. The HVAC worked well and easily heated the room but it was a bit loud and obtrusive. Every time the HVAC would turn on it woke me up.

Would I return...Maybe? Although the room was clean and comfortable I did not get a very good night sleep. I would recommend if you are not bothered by the noise from the terminal or the HVAC.

The hotel is located amongst quite a bit of retail and restaurants. Red Robin, Waffle House and another restaurant are within walking distance.

Due to time constraints I was unable to try the breakfast.

Excellent work out equipment, most appeared to be new.

Tuesday Night price with tax was $163.90.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Muskywin
Greene, NY
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband and I were in town to visit Hawk Mountain, and were lucky to find this hotel! The front desk staff was very attentive. The hotel was very clean. I liked the choices of fruit and tea/coffees in the lobby. Our room had a super comfortable king sized bed, and lots of space. We used the hot tub/pool area, and I was pleasantly surprised the the hot tub was actually hot! I would suggest this hotel to anyone!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple