“Fun and short museum trip, save $ with a coupon” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 39 things to do in Allentown
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun and short museum trip, save $ with a coupon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Museum with fun things--old cars! It's small enough to take in and get on with your afternoon without being over-saturated with info, and big enough to take up a couple hours. I would love to take one of my young relatives here (age 5 to 13 or so), because there are a lot of cool things for them to see. That being said, it was nice to go and be able to read the info for each display without being pulled to the next eye-grabbing display--because it was good info and well written.

After going, I've seen coupons on group discount sites that are 2-for-1 deals--I'd suggest saving some $$ and doing that. Also, if you want to take the kids, call ahead... from what I recall, something like Saturdays has free admission for kids.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ReadyToRelo

• Korean first
Springfield, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lots of History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This museum has lots of history about cars and offers nice displays that change often, so I go at least once a year. Special events are plentiful. I love it when there are car shows on the lot. Your museum admission would get you into the museum and into the car show. Definately a great museum!

Visited March 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“America on Wheels Museum of Allentown Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I, along with my wife's parents visited this museum on Friday, June 21. 2013. All of us really enjoyed the experience. The early 1900's cars were fabulous. The dining area was sufficient for our lunch break. While eating, you could play old 45's on a juke box. (Just like in the 60's--3 for 25 cents) There were other things besides the cars that you were able to see at the Wheels Museum--trucks, motorcycles, kids cars, etc. This was a wonderful 3-4 hour experience for all of us.

Toowoomba
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Suitable for the whole family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband is the car buff who enjoys looking at the cars, reading about them and taking plenty of photos. This one did not disappoint him.
I like to walk around and read only about the cars that interest me. However there was a short movie on how mail is delivered plus two other short ones around the museum that I found interesting to listen too. There is also an old diner open from 11 am to 3 pm from Thursday to Sunday serving small meals.
For children there is a few knobs to turn to work out what vehicle suits them. A car to hop in and have photo taken in. As well as sit in the drivers seat of a Mack truck and see and hear the truck going down the road.
All in all everyone should be happy here for at least an hour.

1 Thank toowoombababe
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I visited the museum in June 2013. We decided to check it out since we were already in Allentown for the day. My husband is a classic car buff, and we have been to many other car museums. This museum was very nice and clean. We were there on a Friday afternoon, and it was pretty quite and hardly anyone was there--which was nice--we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves.

The museum is located in a run down area, almost all by itself, at first we thought we were lost, even with our GPS. The museum had beautiful flowers all around the outside, and it looked like a brand new building.

The gift shop downstairs as you enter was really nice, and the prices were not bad either. They had a jukebox that played 50 and 60's music for free. (well it was free the day we were there) I played a couple of Elvis songs--I couldn't resist!

The Hub Cafe upstairs was nice, but a little disappointing. There was no one in there and no one at the counter, so we didn't know if it was open or not. The lady downstairs said it was open, but like I said there was no one there. My husband snooped around for a bit and he finally found someone to wait on us. It was very hot in the cafe--I don't think they had the AC on--or maybe no AC at all. The man that waited on us was nice, but he didn't really know what he was doing. I think he was filling in for someone. He was stocking something in the back when my husband had to go and find him. I got an ice cream cone and my husband got a cookie dough milkshake. The guy made the milkshake and he put way too much milk in it (and he knew that--but served it to my husband anyway for 4.oo) I tasted it and it was all milk and watery and very little icecream--so needless to say we paid for a 4.00 cup of milk. We were the only ones in the Hub Cafe and my ice cream melted so fast due to it being so hot in there. I am sure it's a nice cafe at other times--i guess we just picked a bad time to go in for some ice cream.

If you have some free time in Allentown, like we did, and you enjoy classic cars and history--definetely check this museum out.