“Fantastic”

Cross street: 9th and Hamilton
Richlandtown, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Went there for lunch and was pleasantly surprised!!! Had a seminar next door to this lovely little gem. The menu was more than I expected for it seemed gourmet and I was not expecting this in Allentown! Reasonable prices and fantastic food! Can't wait to go back for dinner!!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Richlandtown

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Fine dinining”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Our first time dining at Sangria, and we had a very nice experience. Appetizer was a flat bread (the size of a personal pizza) with brie, thinly sliced apples and a hint of truffle oil. For entrees, we had a filet mignon and sushi-grade tuna, each on a hot stone. The quality of the filet and tuna were excellent and the portion was generous. They were simple to neatly slice and sear to perfection, and then dip into a selection of side sauces. We had a glass of sangria to accompany the meal, bypassing a fine wine list. For dessert we shared a sampling of homemade ice creams, each being creamy and uniquely flavorful.

The decor is light and modern with contemporary soft rock music piped in the background. Service was impeccable. We dined at night and found street parking across the street, although I think Sangria might offer valet parking. For anyone concerned about downtown Allentown at night, this restaurant next to the PPL building and Plaza is right on Hamilton St. in an open space area that is very well lit by numerous bright street lamps.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank pug-owner
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Rude employees”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I attended a party at Sangria in Allentown. It was very enjoyable. The food is good and the actual restaurant is very nice. However, I went to the restrooms and sat in the seats outside of them and needed to take my shoes off. As i was walking back to the party, holding my shoes, i was rudely confronted by a manager/hostess. She forcefully commanded me to put my shoes back on. i completely understand the reasons of her request but when i mentioned i needed to be seated in order to buckle my heels, she would not allow me to walk back to the chairs. i was wearing a short dress and had to squat and bend over in front of the entire restaurant to put my shoes back on. i was extremely embarrassed. While i was putting my shoes on, she rudely grabbed a bar stool, rolling her eyes, from the bar gesturing i could sit there. i can't sit on a tall bar stool wearing a dress to put my shoes on because my legs would open. over all i didn't appreciate her attitude and neither did many of the other party guests who she apparently approached as well. it doesn't matter how many times a situation needs to addressed, every guest needs to be treated with respect.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank Maggie D
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“This is the best of downtown allentown?”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Downtown allentown used to ne "the place". Not anymore. It is a very nice looking place. And they have great sangria. We waited forever for our app, then our meal came out before we were done with the app. We had to ask for water 3 times. The food was good and our server was very nice, and the live music was very nice, not to loud and some good songs. But we probably won't come back. To top it off, they gave us a survey card to fill out, but no pen!

1 Thank BethlehemPaUSA
PA
“Great Paella!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Paella is one of my fav's on this menu. Have an appetite tho - it's a big dish. In addition to the healthy amount of shell fish in the dish, it's served with a half a lobster sitting on top! If you're a meat-eater, try the "Fillet on a Stone" - a nice piece of meat brought to the table on a ceramic stone at 600 degrees F. You essentially cook it yourself... all it really takes is flipping it over to get an even cooking. Great tasting meat. There's also a large outdoor seating area when the weather cooperates.

• Visited October 2011