“Pretty good”

Roma Ristorante - Allentown
Reserve with OpenTable
Roma Ristorante - Allentown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 471 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Road
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband love the scallops over risotto. I enjoy the salads and bread which are good. Pizza is good also. Have been there a few times and would go back again

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent some time at the bar while waiting for our table. The bar staff is very friendly and makes a good dry martini. I wish the food was as good. The food is only average. The portions are very large and kind of remind me of an upscale pizzeria. Everything has too much oil and is overcooked. Most dishes taste like they come frozen and then were cooked. I doubt anything is made fresh especially the fish. The servers are very friendly and helpful. The lemon cake dessert was very good even if it was frozen. The place seemed to be filled with families with young children, very casual atmosphere. Lots of parking and outside tables.

1  Thank Colleen G
Reviewed June 1, 2013

After consulting Trip Advisor, we decided to try this restaurant as we were passing through town. It lives up to its ratings. Despite a full house on a Saturday evening, we were served promptly. I had a house salad with their mustard vinaigrette dressing, and my wife had a Caesar salad. Both had fresh greens, and the serving was more than ample. For an entree, my wife had angel hair pasta pomodoro, which was seasoned beautifully. I had seared scallops over a risotto that included fresh asparagus, pine nuts and onions. Delightful,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I frequently travel through the Lehigh Valley on business and, a few months ago, wanted some fast Italian fare. I was in the parking lot at the Airport Mall (Target, Christmas Tree Shoppes, etc) off Route 22, and noticed a statue of a Roman Centurion outside of what appeared to be a pizza place. But, when I went inside, I found the atmosphere to be "New York chic" -- totally unexpected, and not what I was looking for quite honestly. It was a little off-putting, since my company pays for meals when I travel, and I thought, "Hey, this place is going to be expensive." So, I did something I rarely do -- I asked to see a menu... Not to see what was ON the menu, but to see if it would be within my per-diem.

To my extreme surprise, the menu offered an incredible variety of Italian fare, and was TRULY affordable... Actually, it was "a deal!" So, I decided to try it out.

The waitress was pleasant, professional, friendly, and efficient. The home-baked Italian bread served with a house blend of Olive Oil and spices was a welcome treat. The salad was crisp and offered a diverse selection of greens (not just lettuce, as you might find in a cheaper place). But, then, the main course: Penne Bolognese with Veal Parmesan... THE best I've ever had... And, I grew-up and lived in NYC, where the Italian fare was expected to be exceptional. This was the Lehigh Valley, and the food, atmosphere, and service rivaled the best restaurants I've ever been to. In fact, I would say this was the best Italian meal I've ever had in my lifetime.

I've gone back several times -- most recently yesterday -- since finding this gem in Allentown, PA. The service is always top-notch, the food is always incredible (real Italian, not pizza place Italian), the atmosphere is just plain cool, and the value is fantastic (salad, pasta, and entree for under $15.00 at lunchtime!) Across the street is a Panera Bread location -- lunch there would be only about $4.00 less than Roma -- but there is no comparison. For lunch, dinner, or any occasion, this is THE place to dine when you're in the Lehigh Valley.

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I went to Roma's last night. We've been there a few times before, but last night was exceptional, largely due to our waiter, Alex. After ordering, he asked if we liked olives. We nodded, so with the salads he brought a side of calamata olives. He wanted to bring us more hot bread with oil and spices, but we opted out knowing more food was coming. While eating the calamari appetizer, delicious, he checked if it was crispy and up to our expectations. This guy is a great waiter! The scampi and seafood gorgonzola were both outstanding dishes, but there was so much food we could barely dent either entree. We'll be back.